Over the years, how much money did you spend on watches?

Thread: Over the years, how much money did you spend on watches?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Over the years, how much money did you spend on watches?

I got intriqued but bruces topic... he makes some valid points and his post has hit MUCH closer to home than I dare to admit... which got me thinking... over the years, how much money did you spend on watches?

My total? Shy under 15k... and that's since 2005... the most expensive one that I ever got was omega seamaster pro (bond) at 2.5k... I also had a tag or two at about 1500 each...

Now when I count this I consider the following:

- I don't count the money I got back selling watches
    - Total watch price is always one that I pay at the door... this is because I have to pay for shipping and customs...

On one hand this amount sounds like totaly crazy amount. On the other I find constilation in fact that Sjors has 350+ watches in his collection... even if we assume 100 bucks on average for a G (and it was probably more) he must have spent 35k over the years on watches alone... WOW!

Why does this matter? Because I would probably spend no more than couple of grands if I went straight for grail... albert I always tend to compromize and get something cheaper...

So , a question for you : ho much money in total have you spent?

Anyone else dares to admit it publicly (even if it's just an estimate) other than me?

SIDENOTE: Good news? Well I got almost 60% back in reselling... but still , it's a stagering amount...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Re: Over the years, how much money did you spend on watches?

For Clarity which currency should we use?

Cheers,

Lotus

The most extreme year I had was about 10k USD. I'm afraid to even try to figure it all out.

On second thought, it may have been worse. I spent around $8000 on two Panerai at once one year, and I'm sure other watches were bought during that year. Bloody hell, I was insane.
    Last edited by BruceS; January 25th, 2011 at 15:50.
    Wear what you like.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What ever currency you want... but to get the idea I think you should at least roughly conver it to US... and now that you said it my total amoung is about 15k CAD... and that's about 15k US these days althou albert, it was less in US for most of the years... but who cares, todays value is what matters... I would think... but I could be wrong...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Too much i say...

I keep a detailed spreadsheet, and while it pales in comparison to many on the forum, net of recent sales: $2,276.16 (including custom straps)-- much of which have been accounted for since I joined here in August...

ALOT!!! If I think about it to much I might scare myself to death lol lol lol.
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

I have no intention of calculating the money I've spent on watches.

I can say that my current twelve watches cost a total of £4,929 ($7,778) at an average of £411 ($649).
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

If I ever get to the point that I am spending as much on watches as it would cost to buy a brand new car, I am going to get professional help! To each his own.... I like them, but I don't like them THAT much. Sometimes I do wonder what I could do with the money I've spent on these plastic digital watches. Buy a new computer, a new TV? Other times I consider selling my TV and computer in order to buy more watches (kidding).

i think i could have bought a rolex instead of all the watches that i've owned currently and in the past. but that'd be no fun because I'd be stuck with just a rolex

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information