Is ownership of a GX56 compulsory?
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Is ownership of a GX56 compulsory?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Is ownership of a GX56 compulsory?

I suspect it might be. Or even should be. But since I'm new around here I don't want to commit some forum faux pas so please advise.

There won't be a puchase in the immediate future, got my wedding in 7 weeks and 2 incoming which I have to 'introduce' to the household.

Just want to know

And if you could let me see some of the best examples of the breed for me to aim for I'd be obliged. Still got no real idea about versions/options/where to look/what the letters all mean etc etc.

Re: Is ownership of a GX56 compulsory?

It's not really possible to commit a faux pas as long as it's a G . The King is a great watch. I prefer the standard black model because of the red display frame which reminds me a little bit of the Batman-logo. And it's big and chunky yet very comfy. I like it.

Cheers, Sedi

No it's not compulsory! I don't even like them so will not be adding one to my collection, there, I've said it now. I can feel the internet equivilent of 'rock throwing' being aimed at me now, it's like saying you don't like puppys...
    psweeting likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I dun think it is "COMPULSORY"...

More like... "GOOD TO HAVE" perhaps?

Do consider the BIG ORANGE one...

Name:  318482_10150357735599653_533909652_8009595_1058269324_n.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  105.5 KB

Personally... This one is catching my attention as well...

Name:  Khaki_Green_GXW-56KG-3JF_King_G-Shock.jpg
Views: 2366
Size:  49.6 KB

Good Luck!!!
    Feisar and mitadoc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    No it's not compulsory! I don't even like them so will not be adding one to my collection, there, I've said it now. I can feel the internet equivilent of 'rock throwing' being aimed at me
    I am with you Stephen, they don't do anything for me. I suppose that is partly because Casio have finally exceeded my wrist limit with this watch. However, it is mainly that the watch is out of proportion with its display. If they had increased the size of the display that would have been fine but leaving it with the display of the 5600s just seems bad design with no real purpose other than to have a huge watch.

Now if everyone had wrists like Brendansilent, then there might have been some reason for the increase in size but not many people do, so I will definitely be giving this one a miss.

Mitch

Buy and where what you like!

I didn't like the 56-1a because of the negative display, but I love the 56-1b. But that wasn't always so.

It look a long time to warm up to the big guy, and even now I like to switch it up with a 9000 mudman or my polar f11

Even if I get up to 100 or 200 G-shocks, I will still not have one. They are too big for me, and 99% of people in my opinion.

I personally lean toward the big watches, even with a medium-sized wrist. But even the King is too much for me to handle. I tried one on while wearing my GA-100 and the GX made it look like a child. I do appreciate it's style, but the GA-100 is about my limit.
    Last edited by analogic; May 11th, 2012 at 15:12.
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

I put the GX on my wrist once. Never laughed so hard in front of a G case before... the sales rep asked if I liked it, I simply said "put it back".
    StephenWatch and analogic like this.

It's not compulsory for a G-Shock owner, but it is nice to have at least one as it is the largest of the currently available G-shocks.

These are mine and are the only King's I've ever liked but the negative display on the orange one is next to impossible to read outside in the daytime.

GX56-1B

GX56-4

Last edited by dobber72; May 11th, 2012 at 20:07.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information