Ownners of Raysman Dw-9300... help me

Thread: Ownners of Raysman Dw-9300... help me

Ownners of Raysman Dw-9300... help me

I've purchased a very good condition Raysman Dw-9300. The Watch is Cool, heavy, georgeus...etc, etc... But I've seem a little space (about 1 mm or 1,5 mm) between crystal and the Bezzel, enough to introduce the corner of a paper for example between them. I'm wondering if this "problem" could affect to the features of the watch (watter resist, mud resist,...) and if it's normal. I know that in this kind of watches the really important is the module, and the bezzel is like a shell. In my others G's this space doesnt appear. I've tried to make some photos for a better comprension of this...but...

Thank you...
    Last edited by huelva_es; March 27th, 2008 at 01:51.

Cool Re: Ownners of Raysman Dw-9300... help me

Quote Originally Posted by huelva_es View Post
    I've purchased a very good condition Raysman Dw-9300. The Watch is Cool, heavy, georgeus...etc, etc... But I've seem a little space (about 1 mm or 1,5 mm) between crystal and the Bezzel, enough to introduce the corner of a paper for example between them. I'm wondering if this "problem" could affect to the features of the watch (watter resist, mud resist,...) and if it's normal. I know that in this kind of watches the really important is the module, and the bezzel is like a shell. In my others G's this space doesnt appear. I've tried to make some photos for a better comprension of this...but...

Thank you...

The bezel made out of Polyurethane is nothing more then a shock absorber, and the design element that makes the watch look the way it looks, the bezel is removable and replacable. The Mineral glass crystal is attached to the case underneath that is made out of hard plastic, steel or a combination of the two. All G's have a tiny gap between the inner edge of the bezel and the crystal. Its normal. However it should not be to big and noticable maybe only less then 0.5mm or so which is enough to fit the edge of a paper in it.

Or perhaps you mean the crystal has come loose from the case? If so that is a major problem!

The Raysman is rather special that way. It is the only G that I know of that has a servicable crystal. A spare crystal is often included in bezel sets for the Raysman.

How one removes or attaches this crystal I dont know. But it is possible that someone did not put it on right!

Pictures would definetly help!

Wink Re: Ownners of Raysman Dw-9300... help me

A piece of paper is very thin (I think about 0.1 mm). I know that on most G-Shocks stuff can get under the bezel (between the bezel and case/crystal). Like Joakim says, the main function of the bezel is the first shock absorber. Are you sure itá about a mm? If you look at this picture, there seems a little space between the crystal and the bezel. Maybe Adan knows more. He's a Raysman geek!

Do you also post in the Rising Sun forum (in spanish), you can find him there

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Ownners of Raysman Dw-9300... help me

Thank you for your answers, Yes In this photo I can see the space between the crystal and the bezel. I think that I'm very exagerate to say that this space is one milimetre or more. Now with your opinions I'm more quiet about it.

Do you also post in the Rising Sun forum (in spanish), you can find him there

Thank you, Yes I'm member of that forum, and I bought this watch (a pretty hidro mod) to Adam (a great people), but he didn't remember about this space (maybe I've not explainned so good to him). He's a very bussy man and I decided to put this thread on this forum.

Thread Information