Are packages coming from Japan being checked for radation before they get shipped?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Are packages coming from Japan being checked for radation before they get shipped?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Are packages coming from Japan being checked for radation before they get shipped?

Some serious stuff going on over there. Very depressing. The Japanese are the nicest people too.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: Are packages coming from Japan being checked for radation before they get shipped?

They're havin enough of a time just survivin let alone filling orders for WISnuts !

Thanks,
    Randy
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

Re: Are packages coming from Japan being checked for radation before they get shipped?

I figured as much. But, like the saying goes. The show must go on.

To be honest, watches don't mean nothing when actual people are being killed or dying.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; March 15th, 2011 at 22:23.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    I figured as much. But, like the saying goes. The show must go on.

To be honest, watches don't mean nothing when actual people are being killed or dying.
    Agree, its a very dire situation and my heart goes out to them.

And this story keeps gettin worse by the minute with the nuclear equation beginning to trump every expectation of a safe outcome...

Thanks,
    Randy
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

Actually Fedex announces in his frontpage that there are some major delays, I can understand that, and as G. mentioned, people´s life are more important than watches..

In a way, buying from a Japanese retailer does help out a little bit. It's rather indirect and not as instant impact as a straight donation to the Red Cross or giving blood. It's more of a small step towards normalcy while helping out the fragile economy. At this moment, I'm sure not many people in Japan are buying leisurely or recreational products at all. The ones running such shops could use a few sales for personal income and shop upkeep.

The whole country isn't radioactive, genius
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Quote Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
    The whole country isn't radioactive, genius
    +1

Yeah, sorry for maybe not being PC, but i guess they don´t give a hoot about your G-Shock being shipped from japan right now. and they are right in not doing so, they have a whole lot of other problems right now.

I ordered a GW-5000-1JF from Seiya on 13/03/2011 and it was shipped out yesterday on 14/03/2011, I guess life is going on as normal in the places not badly affected.

IMO it's fine to discuss things like this. Some people may say "oh it's not a priority for them to post your watch" but actually it's pretty important for the Japanese economy, to try to return to normal as quickly as possible. A whole country can't just stop and mourn, it has to try to carry on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information