Pag40-3v Feedback

Thread: Pag40-3v Feedback

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Question PAG40-3V Feedback

Interested to hear from anyone who has owned a PAG40-3v. I finally decided to purchase this watch and will be selling a Citizen Aqualand Promaster dive watch, a watch I thought I would never sell, to reimburse myself. Below is the one I'm letting go, hope I don't regret it.

Last edited by Xfactor; March 31st, 2008 at 00:26.

Re: PAG40-3V Feedback

I just picked up a PAG40v3 after a ten year absence from the G-Shock scene. I wanted a watch with some bells and whistles on it and it fills all of those requests.
    NFW AutoPilot, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm Automatic., Seiko "BFS" SNKF09. Seiko "Spork" SRP043K. Seiko SRP639KI & lots of G-Shocks.

Hey,
    nice Aqualand. But tell me both straps arent original? And you are not diver are you? ;)
    Have fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    Hey,
    nice Aqualand. But tell me both straps arent original? And you are not diver are you? ;)
    Have fun.
    I replaced the original strap with a factory Citizen strap that didn't have the N.D. Limit numbers on the strap. I also bought another strap (the one currently on the watch) to dress it up.

How about a PRG-80-3VDR? Close enough?

What do you want to know? I love it. It's big and chunky and makes all my other watches feel puny.

I really like the fact that in the 'time' mode, the display shows everything: Year-Month-Date-Day as well as time. Few digitals show all that info on one screen.

I also like the 'press one button to access an ABC function' (unlike Suuntos in which you have to scroll through a menu.) I use the barometer function regularly. From the 'time' mode, all you have to do is press the 'baro' button.

Dislikes? Not many. The watch is quite tall (thick). It's not the watch to wear with a button-down collar dress shirt; it's too big to fit comfortably under the sleeve of most long sleeve shirts.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of resin straps. It's comfortable enough, but I would be interested in swapping for nylon strap of some kind, and I think it's do-able, but not easy (and I've only had my watch for a short while and haven't investigated the options for doing a swap yet.)

My final quibble - this exact style is not available in a solar-atomic version.

Functionally, it does everything a 'basic' ABC should and price-wise, it's at the bottom end of the Pathfinder/ProTrek range. That's a good thing.

And if you are aged (like me) the readout is HUGE and very easy to read; another bonus.

From a style perspective, I think the PRG/PAG-40 will eventually earn a spot as one of Casio's 'classics', just like a DW-5600e. The design is quite distinct from the rest of the Pathfinder/ProTrek lineup.

The true test on how much any of us like any of our watches is the amount of wrist time it gets. I have a collection that includes more expensive timepieces, but I find I choose the PRG-40 more than most of the others.

Does this help?

Happy hunting.

Cheers from Edmonton, Alberta.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xfactor: I've sent you a PM.

Cheers.

Tim

Cool Re: PAG40-3V Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by T-88 View Post

What do you want to know? I love it. It's big and chunky and makes all my other watches feel puny.

I really like the fact that in the 'time' mode, the display shows everything: Year-Month-Date-Day as well as time. Few digitals show all that info on one screen.

I also like the 'press one button to access an ABC function' (unlike Suuntos in which you have to scroll through a menu.) I use the barometer function regularly. From the 'time' mode, all you have to do is press the 'baro' button.

Dislikes? Not many. The watch is quite tall (thick). It's not the watch to wear with a button-down collar dress shirt; it's too big to fit comfortably under the sleeve of most long sleeve shirts.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of resin straps. It's comfortable enough, but I would be interested in swapping for nylon strap of some kind, and I think it's do-able, but not easy (and I've only had my watch for a short while and haven't investigated the options for doing a swap yet.)

My final quibble - this exact style is not available in a solar-atomic version.

Functionally, it does everything a 'basic' ABC should and price-wise, it's at the bottom end of the Pathfinder/ProTrek range. That's a good thing.

And if you are aged (like me) the readout is HUGE and very easy to read; another bonus.

From a style perspective, I think the PRG/PAG-40 will eventually earn a spot as one of Casio's 'classics', just like a DW-5600e. The design is quite distinct from the rest of the Pathfinder/ProTrek lineup.

The true test on how much any of us like any of our watches is the amount of wrist time it gets. I have a collection that includes more expensive timepieces, but I find I choose the PRG-40 more than most of the others.

Does this help?

Happy hunting.

Cheers from Edmonton, Alberta.

Tim
    Actually there is a rather rare version of the PRG-80 and it is called PAW-1100:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Casio-Solar-Atom...QQcmdZViewItem

It is a PRG-80 but with multiband atomic.

The PRG-80 is an awesome looking watch and it is the only Pathfinder that looks even slightly bigger due to its design then a PRG-40.

One major issue for many about the PRG-40 is the fact that it is the only Casio I know of that uses 4 batterys(one for the duplex LCD, one for the EL and 2 for the watch) so battery changes are quite expensive for that one. So that is one thing to consider!
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; March 31st, 2008 at 16:44.

Joakim, the PAW-1100 is very close, but the time display mode makes you pick between either day or date (it won't display both together...see the manual for module 3043).

I so wish such a pathfinder/protrek existed. I much prefer the arrows over the little dots when in compass mode, and would really like the time display mode to show everything (time, seconds, day, date with year).
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
    -Albert Einstein

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

My Team
    Casio DW-6900-1V; DW-9100; GW-5600J-1; GW-6900-1; GW-6900B; GW-7900B; GW-9200-1; GW-A1000FC-2ADR; GW-M5600-1ER; MTG-520; PAW-1500T
    Citizen AT0660-05F; AT4004-52E; AT8020-54L; ATD53-3011; AV0021-52H; AV0031-59A; BL1258-53L; BL5440-58E; BN0088-03E; BN0100-51E; BZ0000-50E; EBJ74-1741; JY0010-50E; JV0020-12F; JY0000-53E; JY8000-50E; PMD56-2861; PMT56-2731; PMX56-2812
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Rolex Two-tone 1500
    Seiko SARB023; SBDB001; SBDC003; SBPG001; SKA371; SKA511; SKXA33; SKZ325; SLT079; SLT081; SNDA59; SNE109; SNE283; SNG045; SPB001J; SRP043; SRP227; SRP307; SSC017

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer WAJ2110.BA0870

Quote Originally Posted by T-88 View Post
    Doh! Stupid me! I meant, "How about a PRG-40-3VDR". \

Sorry! I had PRG-80 on the brain. I have both the 40 and 80. My original comments apply to the PRG-40.

Cheers from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Tim

Banned

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information