PAG40 Arrived Today

Thread: PAG40 Arrived Today

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Picture PAG40 Arrived Today

My new PAG40 arrived today. I know some have said this watch is big, but wow...this thing is so big it is close to being a desk clock. What originally appealed to me about the watch was the rugged look that backed up the features it has. The compass, barometer and altimeter can all be accessed with one touch of a button. Unlike most rotating bezels, this bezel can be rotated surprising easy. I know there are newer pathfinder versions out there, but none have the distinctive rugged, outdoor look this watch has. The only function missing that I wish it had is a countdown timer. The bezel is made of a different material than G-Shock watches and it looks to be plastic. I've not tried dying plastic before, but I think the orange light button needs a black dye job. Below are some pics and one comparing its size to a Frogman.

Re: PAG40 Arrived Today

Congrats, Xfactor!

That pic with the Frogman really makes it look big.

That's huge and rugged indeed! Wear it in good health. Nice comparison photo with the froggie.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations from another PAG40 owner, its an awesome watch.
    NFW AutoPilot, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm Automatic., Seiko "BFS" SNKF09. Seiko "Spork" SRP043K. Seiko SRP639KI & lots of G-Shocks.

Welcome to the PAG-40 club!!!

Banned

What do you guys think about the orange "light" button, should I dye it black or leave it orange? Maybe after a week or so I'll get used to it.

I don't think that there is any way that you can dye it black. I personally don't mind the orange button at all.

Perry:

The orange light button adds to the colour of the watch. All that colour adds to the visual appeal of the PRG-40, IMHO. I, for one, would never 'stealth' the PRG-40, as much as I like stealthed Gs.

You will soon get used to the size of the watch, which is another part of this piece's 'character' - big, rugged, and chunky.

Enjoy!

Cheers.

Tim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by T-88 View Post
    Perry:

The orange light button adds to the colour of the watch. All that colour adds to the visual appeal of the PRG-40, IMHO. I, for one, would never 'stealth' the PRG-40, as much as I like stealthed Gs.

You will soon get used to the size of the watch, which is another part of this piece's 'character' - big, rugged, and chunky.

Enjoy!

Cheers.

Tim
    I may be jumping the gun on the dye issue. I actually took the watch apart last night and removed the green part of the bezel to see how difficult it would be to dye that also. I'll give it a few weeks to grow on me. The reason I've considered dyeing the orange button to black is that I plan on wearing the watch at work and wondered if the orange button would be pushing the limits. This really is a unique watch and am glad it is now part of my collection.

The orange button will be the last thing anyone notices. What they will notice first is that you appear to have a landmine strapped to your wrist.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information