Pathfinder 1300 and 2000 difference?

Thread: Pathfinder 1300 and 2000 difference?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pathfinder 1300 and 2000 difference?

Hi all, total watch newbie here.

I'm looking at the pathfinder 1300 and 2000 (both with Ti bracelet), and can't really tell what are the differences. Function wise they seem to be the same to me (I don't know what duplex display is thou).

Could someone tell me what's in the 2000 that's worth $100 more MSRP?

Thanks

Re: Pathfinder 1300 and 2000 difference?

Quote Originally Posted by jzmtl View Post
    Hi all, total watch newbie here.

I'm looking at the pathfinder 1300 and 2000 (both with Ti bracelet), and can't really tell what are the differences. Function wise they seem to be the same to me (I don't know what duplex display is thou).

Could someone tell me what's in the 2000 that's worth $100 more MSRP?

Thanks
    i think paw2000 is more accurate in readings(altimeter, barometer..) as i read.duplex display refers to compass display ability i think YouTube - Casio Pathfinder PAW1300 Review at 3:51 only shows compass by text ,vs the picture duplex display on 2000
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jzmtl,

You might wanna go over the the ABC dedicated forum. If you do some digging, you will find great reviews of the Casio ABC's (Altimeter, barometer, compass) by "Queen 6". The twin sensor watches like this are called "ABC" watches. You can search for his threads and get all the info you need.

I believe the 1300 is a slimmer profile watch. I know that the 2000 has sunrise/sunset data (1300 does not). The 1500 has moon/tide data.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've found the digits are also easier to read on the 2000 vs 1300 (i.e. better off angle viewing). Neither has great protection for the crystal, but the 1300 face is slightly more recessed than the 2000. Another thing to note...the titanium bracelet on the PAW2000 (while very nice) does not even attempt to match the color of the case (a big problem for some).

Thanks, I'll go dig in the ABC forums, never had an ABC watch so the whole thing is new to me.

Inactive

From memory: The 2000 is sligthly thinner, and got a sunset/sunrise feature. It's also possible to choose between 1,5 and 3 secs light - the 1300 got only 1 sec light. The 2000 can sync the time in China, the 1300 can not.

Theres new model on the way, PRG-240. It's almost a 2000 in retro case and without atomic sync. But most likely for a better price. Dont know if it comes in titanium.

Another question, what is the life expectancy of the rechargeable battery in Casio solar watches? I recall in citizen ecodrive manual there's a mention that battery may need replacement after 5 or 6 years, so if I had to do that it kinda defeat the purpose of solarpower.

Another question, what is the life expectancy of the rechargeable battery in Casio solar watches? I recall in citizen ecodrive manual there's a mention that battery may need replacement after 5 or 6 years, so if I had to do that it kinda defeat the purpose of solarpower.
    Try 15-20 years, my first release PRG-80L-2V is turning six years and is a good as it`s much younger sibling (PRG-80YT) and my ABC`s have been to the Arctic, Middle East and the Tropics, seen temp as low as -35C and as high as 60C and now they enjoy 100% humidity. This specific watch has seen a temperature differential of 96C, humidity ranging from less than 10% in the Taklamakan desert, accompanied by huge static discharges to 100% in the rainforest`s, survived to long cold winters of north eastern China, going literally months without sunlight thanks to the geographic location and pollution from heavy industry, yep "Nuclear Winter" is alive and well just go and live in Tianjin for a couple of years and you will see The capacitor (cell) has yet to diminish. Many ABC`s will outperform Casio on accuracy, however Protrek`s will consistently deliver regardless of the environmental conditions.

2000 is an enhancement on the 1300, however the watch steps further away from field applications. The new PRG-240 has the functionality of the 200 and looks to have the durability of the old "master" the PRG-80

Q-6

Thanks. I intend to use the watch for daily activity primarily, so I'm leaning towards 2000, thou I like the metal bezel on 1300 better.

One more question, how deep can you realistically take these "100 meter WR" watches? I killed my last 50 meter watch swimming (never even went below 0.5 meter) so I'm now wary of claimed water resistance.

Now I just have to decide between a pathfinder or a luminox 3402.
    Last edited by jzmtl; August 17th, 2010 at 18:45.

Thanks. I intend to use the watch for daily activity primarily, so I'm leaning towards 2000, thou I like the metal bezel on 1300 better.

One more question, how deep can you realistically take these "100 meter WR" watches? I killed my last 50 meter watch swimming (never even went below 0.5 meter) so I'm now wary of claimed water resistance.

Now I just have to decide between a pathfinder or a luminox 3402.
    Casio, are conservative and dont use the water resistance as a sales gimmick, 100m is the minimum, it`s a whole different mentality, the Swiss watch industry is a whole different ball game......... like a joke 100m is 100m no, not a splash in the bath

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; August 17th, 2010 at 19:08.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information