Pathfinder PAG40 or PAW1300???

Thread: Pathfinder PAG40 or PAW1300???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pathfinder PAG40 or PAW1300???

Ok guys, this is my first post so take it easy on me. I am currently suffering brain-lock. Because of the subject I am studying at college I need to find a less expensive watch that I can not be afraid to get dirty and wet. I am looking because there is nothing like being in the middle of a wetland, up to your butt in mud and looking down to see what time it is and realizing you forgot to take you Submariner off. I have looked at both the G-Shock and Pathfinder lines and I would say that I am leaning more towards the Pathfinder line. I say this because I already own a Citizen Skyhawk Black Eagle, which is an all black watch and all of the G-Shocks I find are all black, as well(Master of G series). I am stuck between two models and two different scenarios. The two models are the Pathfinder PAG40(more affordable) and the PAW1300(my pick of the two). I have read that the PAG40 is a Hoss and I don't mind the looks of a larger watch, but I have never owned one that big. I am just not quite sure how well it would work with long sleeves? I know this question seems to have a simple answer "get the watch you like", but that is the problem I do like them both. I was hoping I could get some suggestion or recommendations on one way or the other.

Sorry for the long post, but I am just really confused.

thanks
    -Patrick

Re: Pathfinder PAG40 or PAW1300???

I really like my PAG 40 and you can get them for under 150 new. Of course the PAW 1300 is a really nice watch as well. But if you can only have one I would go with PAG 40. Of course I would check out the buy and sell page as some good deals on Pathfinders find their way there. Good luck.
    Watches
    Omega: SMP 300, SMP 2254, Seamaster GMT, and Speedmaster Moon Watch
    Rolex GMT
    Ocean LM-7 PloProf
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Suunto Advisor
    PAG 40, PAG 80, PRG-200-1DR, and PAW 1300
    G2300
    Riseman
    Frogman: First Frogman 6300, GWF-1000, Dawn Black, MIRB, MIY, 8200, Brazilian Frogman ,Snakekiller Frogman, GW-204K-9JR ICERC
    G-7900 mod
    Mudman G-9000 jamming color
    DW-6100 python camo mod
    DW-6100-CF python (2)

Forgot to mention a couple of my buds took their PAG 40s to Afganistan and they performed very well in that environment. Just some additional info.
    Watches
    Omega: SMP 300, SMP 2254, Seamaster GMT, and Speedmaster Moon Watch
    Rolex GMT
    Ocean LM-7 PloProf
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Suunto Advisor
    PAG 40, PAG 80, PRG-200-1DR, and PAW 1300
    G2300
    Riseman
    Frogman: First Frogman 6300, GWF-1000, Dawn Black, MIRB, MIY, 8200, Brazilian Frogman ,Snakekiller Frogman, GW-204K-9JR ICERC
    G-7900 mod
    Mudman G-9000 jamming color
    DW-6100 python camo mod
    DW-6100-CF python (2)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really like the PRG-40 at amazon. Black with white trim and currently $ 99. I spoke to someone today about how long the batteries should last and he said 3 years or more depends on how much you use the EL.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Pathfind...7397580&sr=1-4

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

I know the PAG40 is the less expensive of the two, but I am just worried about how BIG that watch is. I wish the had a color combo that wasn't so dark. I was looking at the PAW1300-1V, because it had a good bit of silver on the case. I also have heard that the backlight on the PAG40 is not the best and the backlight is one of the main reason I am looking at these two watches.

Seb

So ABC functions are not important to you? If so, you can find G-Shocks in other colors than black (from your first post I understand that black color is the main reason you avoid G-Shocks).

Quote Originally Posted by MBKrPeter50 View Post
    I know the PAG40 is the less expensive of the two, but I am just worried about how BIG that watch is. I wish the had a color combo that wasn't so dark. I was looking at the PAW1300-1V, because it had a good bit of silver on the case. I also have heard that the backlight on the PAG40 is not the best and the backlight is one of the main reason I am looking at these two watches.
    Quick reply from my iPhone . The PAG-40 has an excellent backlight. Very clear and bright.

Kev.
    Kev.

up to your butt in mud and looking down to see what time it is and realizing you forgot to take you Submariner off
    Mate, you need a Mudman too!!!

Pieter

Picture Re: Pathfinder PAG40 or PAW1300???

Searchlight would be descriptive enough

One of the best displays of any digital and a strong EL backlight

Q-6

1300 has a more comprehensive module and has solar power, 40 is an old school ABC, the feature set is now dated. I would look at the PRG-80 for field use, as it sit`s between the 40 & 1300. The 1300 is more of a sports watch with a fair level of ABC functionality and is fine for most uses.

look here for the detail: Are Protrek`s Accurate #2

Q-6

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information