Pathfinder PAG40 vs. Suunto Vector

Thread: Pathfinder PAG40 vs. Suunto Vector

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Pathfinder PAG40 vs. Suunto Vector

As much as I like this forum, it is becoming a problem. I recently found this website and in the last 2 weeks I've purchased two G-shocks. It hasn't stopped there, now I'm thinking I will sell my Sunnto Vector and replace it with a PAG40. Really don't have any complaints with the Vector other than that the face of the watch is somewhat plain as compared to the PAG40. I rented the movie The Kingdom last week and saw the PAG40. Of course, this forum is how I was able to find what watch it was in the movie.

Re: Pathfinder PAG40 vs. Suunto Vector

Well just watch "Shooter"and you will want to keep that Suunto.

Personally, Im not sure I would make that switch. If you are going to lose the Vector, go for one of the newer Protreks...
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

XFactor - know how you feel. Was pretty content with my 5-year old G-shock and my 20+ year old Seiko. I had a Suunto X9 (birthday present from my wife a few years ago - actually wanted a Vector, but the salesman talked her into the X9) that I didn't really wear much, maybe because of the white/checkerboard bezel or I'm just too dumb to figure out how to work all of the features.

Caught my wife's watch addiction recently and stumbled across these forums. Now we have 2 new Doxas, an MTM, and a newer Seiko.

Am also looking at the PAG40 and/or its atomic/solar cousins, the Pathfinder 1200 / 1300 and/or a Vector.

And, of course, an orange-faced diver (Seiko Sumo?)

Best of luck on your "delimma" (admitting that we have a problem is the 1st step).

David
    Doxa: SUB5000T Sharkhunter Mil Ed; Deco
    MTM: Black Warrior
    Seiko: 6309-7049 (1983); SKX779K ("Black Monster"); SKX781K3 ("Orange Monster")
    Casio G-Shock: DW5600; DW6600; DW6500;
    G9000-8V; G9000TLC
    Casio Pathfinder: PAG40-3V
    Suunto: X9; Vector (Coyote Brown)
    Polar: M71 Ti

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Xfactor View Post
    As much as I like this forum, it is becoming a problem. I recently found this website and in the last 2 weeks I've purchased two G-shocks. It hasn't stopped there, now I'm thinking I will sell my Sunnto Vector and replace it with a PAG40. Really don't have any complaints with the Vector other than that the face of the watch is somewhat plain as compared to the PAG40. I rented the movie The Kingdom last week and saw the PAG40. Of course, this forum is how I was able to find what watch it was in the movie.
    I have both watches (3 vectors, in fact) and would not trade one of them for the 40, although the casio is a GREAT watch! Best part is the 4 or 5 alarms, easy to push button for light, kick a$$ mug, etc. The suunto, though, is just a smoother, and (I believe) tougher watch. I run, swim and spend a bunch of time in the sand and the suunto is just more suited to my lifestyle.

Another option, of course, is just to keep your vector and BUY THE 40 like I did! By the way, you can see the size difference of the two (coincidentally) in the attached badly shot pic

Some nice watches there Deepcdvr....

...what's your assessment of the Citizen diver (top, 2nd on left)?

I think I eventually will but myself a nice Suunto. I saw this one last Friday at my school on a "Bridge Peeper":

Cheers,

Sjors

For explenation of the word Bridge peeper look in this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...=bridge+peeper
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Ah yes, Bridge Peepers! I know what that is now.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by USMC9953 View Post
    XFactor - know how you feel. Was pretty content with my 5-year old G-shock and my 20+ year old Seiko. I had a Suunto X9 (birthday present from my wife a few years ago - actually wanted a Vector, but the salesman talked her into the X9) that I didn't really wear much, maybe because of the white/checkerboard bezel or I'm just too dumb to figure out how to work all of the features.

Caught my wife's watch addiction recently and stumbled across these forums. Now we have 2 new Doxas, an MTM, and a newer Seiko.

Am also looking at the PAG40 and/or its atomic/solar cousins, the Pathfinder 1200 / 1300 and/or a Vector.

And, of course, an orange-faced diver (Seiko Sumo?)

Best of luck on your "delimma" (admitting that we have a problem is the 1st step).

David
    How do you like your MTM and which model do you have? I thought about buying a Blackhawk for the torch light, but I knew it would bother me not having the day of the month feature. I like the Vulture, but couldn't talk myself in to paying $750.00. I think I'm at the point I can admit I've got a watch addiction, but it helps to find others with the same problem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deepcdvr View Post
    I have both watches (3 vectors, in fact) and would not trade one of them for the 40, although the casio is a GREAT watch! Best part is the 4 or 5 alarms, easy to push button for light, kick a$$ mug, etc. The suunto, though, is just a smoother, and (I believe) tougher watch. I run, swim and spend a bunch of time in the sand and the suunto is just more suited to my lifestyle.

Another option, of course, is just to keep your vector and BUY THE 40 like I did! By the way, you can see the size difference of the two (coincidentally) in the attached badly shot pic

I've thought about keeping the Vector and then buying the PAG40, but the plain appearance of the Vector has always kind of bothered me. I've had some people, who don't know about the Vector's reputation, comment asking if it is an old person's watch because the face and digits are so big. The PAG40 looks more like an outdoor watch and has similar features to the Vector, altough it is probably not as high quality as the Vector. I noticed your Citizen promaster, I've got one like it but the face of mine is a fluorescent yellow. I bought a rubber stap for it that is based on the design of a Rolex President metal band and it really dressed the watch up. The band is conformed with a natural curve to it and it extremely comfortable. I'll try to send you a photo of it.

Banned

deepcdvr - Here is the band I put on my Citizen Aqualand Promaster. Makes the watch look like a million bucks and is extremely comfortable. The watch in the pic isn't mine, this is a photo from the ebay auction I bought the band from.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information