Pathfinder vs ProTrek

Thread: Pathfinder vs ProTrek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pathfinder vs ProTrek

I just bought what looks like a PRT-40E, but the back plate says it's a Pathfinder PAT-400. Can anyone shed further light on the differences between the two? Thanks!!

Re: Pathfinder vs ProTrek

When I do searches on this forum and online for Pathfinder PAT-400 there's next to no information.

Is there nobody who can lead me to information about the difference between a PRT-40 and a PAT-400?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ShortBusDoorGunner,

You must be patient. I am sure you will get answers to your question. Just don't expect answers within four hours of posting.

There are folks on the forum all over the world on different time zones. Not everyone is plugged in and turned on 24/7. Sometimes it takes a day or two before you can get a good response.

Moderators: This post may need to be moved to the ABC watch forum to get a better response.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusDoorGunner View Post
    When I do searches on this forum and online .... there's next to no information.
    Like a lot of others around here, you might be searching wrong.

No, seriously. Try plugging "site: forums.watchuseek.com" or for the G-Shock subforum "site: forums.watchuseek.com/f17" into Google, MINUS the " marks, PLUS your search term(s).

"site: forums.watchuseek.com/f17 pathfinder protrek" returned this thread (among others): https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/protrek-vs-pathfinder-149774.html

I've read this part before in some other threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Sherms View Post
    The names Pathfinder and Pro Trek are just ways of classifying the market where they will be sold in. Other than that they are Identical.

Pathfinder = North American Release
    Pro Trek= Rest of world
    Apparently there was some sort of trademark/copyright issue with "Pro Trek" name in North America, so they market them as Pathfinders instead.
    Last edited by Mike K; January 30th, 2014 at 22:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    ShortBusDoorGunner,

You must be patient. I am sure you will get answers to your question. Just don't expect answers within four hours of posting.

There are folks on the forum all over the world on different time zones. Not everyone is plugged in and turned on 24/7. Sometimes it takes a day or two before you can get a good response.

Moderators: This post may need to be moved to the ABC watch forum to get a better response.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm just eager to find more info about the Pathfinder as I can't find much about it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Like a lot of others around here, you might be searching wrong.

No, seriously. Try plugging "site: forums.watchuseek.com" or for the G-Shock subforum "site: forums.watchuseek.com/f17" into Google, MINUS the " marks, PLUS your search term(s).

"site: forums.watchuseek.com/f17 pathfinder protrek" returned this thread (among others): https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/protrek-vs-pathfinder-149774.html

I've read this part before in some other threads:

Apparently there was some sort of trademark/copyright issue with "Pro Trek" name in North America, so they market them as Pathfinders instead.
    Thanks for all the info Mike. I still don't see much on the internet regarding the PAT-400. Lots of PRT-40 stuff though. Is the PAT-400 a common or uncommon model?

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusDoorGunner View Post
    Thanks for all the info Mike. I still don't see much on the internet regarding the PAT-400. Lots of PRT-40 stuff though. Is the PAT-400 a common or uncommon model?
    I'll admit that I don't know much about Pathfinders/Pro Treks, but based on the few mentions I can find on the PAT-400, I'm guessng "uncommon."

I do see a lot of sites mentioning the PRT-40 and the 1470 module, which IS the same module shown on your watch's case back! I'm guessing that any differences between the two models are going to be external and relatively superficial.

It looks to be the same as my PRT-40 except your case is silver, I think I like your color combination better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information