Patiently waiting for a G-Shock bracelet adaptor that fits this kind

Thread: Patiently waiting for a G-Shock bracelet adaptor that fits this kind

Patiently waiting for a G-Shock bracelet adaptor that fits this kind

We all know what's available out there - the adaptors sold by CountyComm and eBay and others that convert the 16mm attachment point on certain models like the Frogman into a 22-24mm lug for fitment of a NATO or ZULU strap.

PLEASE PLEASE will SOMEONE design an adaptor that converts THIS style of G-Shock attachment point to the same kind of thing so I can wear my tough looking G-Shock collection with an equally tough, wide leather cuff band? Many styles of leather cuff bands have simple leather belt-like straps that thread through the 22mm lug and pin. Sometimes the leather is a bit thick and has to be modified by punching notches in it, but that's the easy part. I would be giddy w/happiness if someone were to produce a G-Shock adaptor similar to the ones currently available, but with the "reverse" style attachment that the models pictured here, and many others, would require.
    Attached Images Attached Images

whatcha got in the dark if you ain't got tritium or a backlight? a wristband is all ...

Re: Patiently waiting for a G-Shock bracelet adaptor that fits this kind

I'm not sure how different it would be attaching the strap you want versus a "basic" nylon strap, but according to these threads, the adapters from a Casio Pathfinder PRW-1300 fit that model and allow the use of Zulu-type straps: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/nat...bb-804038.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/lov...to-842664.html

Another option might be to contact WUS member Keoni and see if he's designed (or considering designing) adapters for that model via 3D printer. Here's a whole thread on THAT subject: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/sha...em-974579.html

Re: Patiently waiting for a G-Shock bracelet adaptor that fits this kind

Thanks for this reply and the links! I will investigate ..|^/.
    whatcha got in the dark if you ain't got tritium or a backlight? a wristband is all ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: G-Shock bracelet adaptor for GW3000B and G1250BD case styles

Thank you Mike K for that helpful link!

I purchased qty. 1 of SKU# 955PRW from TikTox, which is a pair of strap adaptors that fit this watch case style and a pair of screw-style Casio pins. The price was somewhere around $35 once shipping was tallied.

I also HIGHLY recommend these jeweler's flat blades:
    Starrett PT02449D Blade For Jewelers Screwdriver, 0.080" Head, 17/8" Blade Length 
Sold by Amazon.com LLC - $5.30
    Starrett PT02449E Blade For Jewelers Screwdriver, .100" Head, 17/8" Blade Length 
Sold by Amazon.com LLC - $5.30
    Starrett 555AA Stainless Steel Jewelers Complete Screwdriver, .025" Head, 33/4" Length, 7/8" Blade Length
    Sold by Amazon.com LLC $11.69

These drivers are world's above what you find at your local home stores. Both of the above blades slip easily into the narrow slots of the G-Shock pin screws, whereas the cheap, thicker ones in the kit I already had did not. But know this - the shaft size is standard, so the Starret bits fit the existing driver in my cheaper kit. Since I also purchased a Starret complete screw driver (handle + bit), I now had two complete screw drivers. You need two screwdrivers to remove/replace a Casio band.

I applied a little blue LocTite on each screw. The clock store guy who swapped the band before me must have stripped them, because both sides just kept turning, and of course I was holding the screw on the other end with a different driver, so it wasn't the pin turning. But instead of removing the old ones and using the new, I left them in, because even stripped, they are pretty snug, and have threadlocker.

Here are pics of my GW3000B with a Zulu strap from a LumTec combat B16. I would have left the metal bracelet if it didn't taper so much. It just seemed a little too narrow for this nice size watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by MikoDel; April 28th, 2014 at 17:05.

Thread Information