PAW-1300's, all interchangeble bands?

Thread: PAW-1300's, all interchangeble bands?

PAW-1300's, all interchangeble bands?

Hi, I've had various Casios my entire life but I notice the Pathfinder PAW1300 series seem to have a band connection to the body that I am unfamiliar with. (At least it looks different to me, am I wrong?) The watch itself always outlives the band for me so band replacement in regards to price and ease of procuring locally at a common store are my concern. The 3070 module manual doesn't seem to talk about swapping bands. Is that new, yet to be released to retail stores like JC Penny's/Sears, all black one with the orange backed band (+ an extra cloth one) the only one that takes normal garden variety (i.e. cheap) bands?

I'm having trouble choosing a color, but if that one takes interchangeable bands I can buy cheaply at a drug store and the others don't, that could sway me.

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by mzil; November 14th, 2007 at 07:26.

Re: PAW-1300's, all interchangeble bands?

Quote Originally Posted by mzil View Post
    Hi, I've had various Casios my entire life but I notice the Pathfinder PAW1300 series seem to have a band connection to the body that I am unfamiliar with. (At least it looks different to me, am I wrong?) The watch itself always outlives the band for me so band replacement in regards to price and ease of procuring locally at a common store are my concern. The 3070 module manual doesn't seem to talk about swapping bands. Is that new, yet to be released to retail stores like JC Penny's/Sears, all black one with the orange backed band (+ an extra cloth one) the only one that takes normal garden variety (i.e. cheap) bands?

I'm having trouble choosing a color, but if that one takes interchangeable bands I can buy cheaply at a drug store and the others don't, that could sway me.

Thanks everyone.
    The PAW1300G-1V (the black and orange one) does indeed allow you to use non-Casio bands. I have done this myself, using a NATO band. (See this thread.)

The adapters on the watch are designed for "pass-through" bands (I don't know whether there's a proper name for them) i.e. where the band is all in one piece, and you thread it through the adpaters and under the watch.

You can't use normal bands (i.e. the ones which come in two pieces) as the adapters don't have anywhere to fit the spring bars.

Re: PAW-1300's, all interchangeble bands?

Quote Originally Posted by dudegalea View Post
    The PAW1300G-1V (the black and orange one) does indeed allow you to use non-Casio bands. I have done this myself, using a NATO band. (See this thread.)

The adapters on the watch are designed for "pass-through" bands (I don't know whether there's a proper name for them) i.e. where the band is all in one piece, and you thread it through the adpaters and under the watch.

You can't use normal bands (i.e. the ones which come in two pieces) as the adapters don't have anywhere to fit the spring bars.

Thanks. I was afraid if that. I wonder if I could buy just those adapters you speek of at a later date. A watch store sales guy said he thought he'd be able to "notch one out of silicon". I'm not sure if I'd trust that though.

Thread Information