PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

Thread: PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13

    PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

    My new Pathfinder 1500 does not seem to be syncing with the atomic signal. I left it by a window last night and there is no indication that it synced. A little triangle is supposed to appear in the upper left corner near the moon phase.

    Am I supposed to do anything special with the watch like put in in Rec mode or something at night? It's on Auto signal now.

    Can anyone help me?

  2. #2
    Member tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    29,513

    Re: PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

    If the home city is correctly set, and receive is enabled, then you have set it up OK. Reception varies with location and the weather.

    Where do you live?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13

    Re: PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    If the home city is correctly set, and receive is enabled, then you have set it up OK. Reception varies with location and the weather.

    Where do you live?
    I live in the Southeastern US, Georgia.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    29,513

    Re: PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

    Then you should be OK. See here http://tf.nist.gov/stations/radioclocks.htm for more information, and note the advice given about tall buildings, etc.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27

    Re: PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

    With my Muddie, I can force the issue and manually sync to the Atomic radio anytime. It also gives a level (L1 - L3) of signal. Not sure if the Pathfinder has this feature or not...

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13

    Re: PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

    Quote Originally Posted by espowari View Post
    With my Muddie, I can force the issue and manually sync to the Atomic radio anytime. It also gives a level (L1 - L3) of signal. Not sure if the Pathfinder has this feature or not...
    Yes, it does have the L1-3...Someone told me that I have to keep the Pathfinder sitting straight up. I had it sitting on it's side. Does this make sense? Would this affect it getting a signal?

  8. #7
    Member tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    29,513

    Re: PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

    Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    Yes, it does have the L1-3...Someone told me that I have to keep the Pathfinder sitting straight up. I had it sitting on it's side. Does this make sense? Would this affect it getting a signal?
    Only if you were in a particularly poor reception area, where all sorts of positional tricks might help.

    If you're in a good reception area, they sync whatever you do. Every atomic watch I've had, for instance, has synced while I'm asleep, while I'm walking down the street, or while I'm sitting at the computer. I've even had them sync in deep mediaeval cellars in Krakow where phones won't work.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

  9. #8
    Member WhtShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,740

    Re: PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

    Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    I live in the Southeastern US, Georgia.
    Then it should work. I keep mine near a SW facing window (I'm in SC) and they sync just about every night. But not every night. Give it a few more nights.
    WhtShadow

    Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

  10. #9
    Member bluegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    brisbane, australia
    Posts
    5,160

    Re: PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

    Leave it in the bathroom overnight.

  11. #10
    Member SonnyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    "Flatlands" Overland Park, Kansas USA
    Posts
    3,632

    Re: PAW 1500 with 3104 Module

    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Only if you were in a particularly poor reception area, where all sorts of positional tricks might help.

    If you're in a good reception area, they sync whatever you do. Every atomic watch I've had, for instance, has synced while I'm asleep, while I'm walking down the street, or while I'm sitting at the computer. I've even had them sync in deep mediaeval cellars in Krakow where phones won't work.
    They are amazing aren't they!......I've had mine put away in a storage case and they still synch.
    Regards Sonny
    Motorcycling is my LIFE..
    2011 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom FXDC

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •