Paw-1500

Thread: Paw-1500

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Ben
    Ben is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    247

    Paw-1500

    Both resin and titanium versions are up on Casio USA's website. I hope this means that they will begin to show up at reasonable prices soon. The titanium version will be my first Pathfinder.

    Ben

  2. #2
    Member Vintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sonora, Mexico
    Posts
    4,569

    Re: Paw-1500

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    ...I hope this means that they will begin to show up at reasonable prices soon...
    I hope it too.

  3. #3
    Member duke4c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,883

    Re: Paw-1500

    Even better... this can mean that we'll be getting as a bargain from costco in not so distant future...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member chronism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    203

    Re: Paw-1500

    History recently has been that it will be on backorder on Casio's site for a few weeks before becoming available, and usually about a week after becoming available, it will pop up on Ebay.

  6. #5
    Member cal..45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)
    Posts
    8,512

    Re: Paw-1500

    I really was looking foward to this model, but I just read in the manual, that the watch will only have a 60min countdown timer. this is just unacceptable, especially since its predecessor - the PAW1300 - got an 24h countdown timer.

    i really don't know, why casio can't focus on the very basic features instead to put more and more gimmicks in such a watch. I mean 200m WR, tide and moon graphs are all fine, but by far not as important as a 24h CDT, very disappointing



    regards, holger

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    376

    Re: Paw-1500

    Could you pls post the link to the manual? I was trying to find the module number but I could not see it anywhere.

  8. #7
    Member cal..45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)
    Posts
    8,512

    Re: Paw-1500

    certainly, here it is from the german casio site (don't worry the manual is in english )

    http://www.casio-europe.com/de/suppo...s/?modell=3134


    regards, holger

  9. #8
    Member bluegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    brisbane, australia
    Posts
    5,160

    Re: Paw-1500

    Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    I really was looking foward to this model, but I just read in the manual, that the watch will only have a 60min countdown timer. this is just unacceptable, especially since its predecessor - the PAW1300 - got an 24h countdown timer.

    i really don't know, why casio can't focus on the very basic features instead to put more and more gimmicks in such a watch. I mean 200m WR, tide and moon graphs are all fine, but by far not as important as a 24h CDT, very disappointing
    Hmmm...I find this strange as well. Is there a reason for it? Does a 24h CDT take up a lot of program space or something? Otherwise, why not make it standard?

    Anyway, this won't be a deal killer for me since it gives me an excuse to wear either my G9100TC or G2300 9V when I need a longer CDT.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    376

    Re: Paw-1500

    Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    certainly, here it is from the german casio site (don't worry the manual is in english )

    http://www.casio-europe.com/de/suppo...s/?modell=3134


    regards, holger


    thanks :)
    anyway I wasn't worried as I can read manuals in German ;)

    actually it's a shame I didn't try German Casio -- I definitely should have as the description there is much more detailed than Casio USA has

    the more I am thinking of it the more probable it is I will buy this watch :) oh, digital compass I will love it :) and radio controlled I could not live without it any more :) just that it does not say 'G-shock' :( well it is nice huge-sized anyway :) I want it :)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •