PAW-1500 Functions

Thread: PAW-1500 Functions

Confused PAW-1500 Functions

Hi, I have my new Casio Pathfinder paw-1500 just for 3 days, it`s really cool!, but i have some questions:

1. Does this watch have bearing memory? I don`t know how to activate it
    Memory Capacity: 1 record (stored direction angle and indicator) i can´t find it.
    2. When I use the altitude memory, it doesn`t have continiously memory storage as my PRG-80, and the altimeter alarm is not present either and
    Relative altitude display,Altitude differential graphic, where are them?

3. Is there a way to configure the EL backlight to be present more than a second?

I have read all the user`s guide and can`t find that functions, hope you can help

:thanks
    Last edited by hitman69; June 18th, 2008 at 20:34.

Re: PAW-1500 Functions

sorry i dun have the 1500 but i read the manual online.

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man.../en/qw3134.pdf

it seems the EL only come on for only a second. how bout AUTO EL? will that last longer?

as for the bearing memory, u can do a search on the pdf as im not sure what to look for and afraid to give u the wrong info.

im bumping this up for current 1500 owner.

and welcome to the forum.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

hi mansrow, thanks for your quick answer, what i want to konw is if this watch have bearing memory (as it says on the technical specifications), becasue i`m trying to find out how to store it and i can´t

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For the bearing memory if it is the same as the 1300, activate the compass, once you aquire the bearing, press & hold down the adjust button. The watch will then store/lock the current bearing.

To clear the bearing lock, just press the adjust button.

Q-6

I try what you say but it doesn`t work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hitman69 View Post
    I try what you say but it doesn`t work, thanks!
    No, I don't think the 1500 does have the bearing memory like the 1300.

Instead, it has a rotatable bezel. It's arguable which is better. (Personally, I prefer the bearing memory on the 1300.)

I think it doesn´t have either but in the casio pathfinder web site it says that this watch have it, that's why i'm asking, it doesn't have continuosly auto memory mesurement, does it? i don't know how to activet it

http://pathfinder.casio.com/watches/...0-1V/techspecs
    Last edited by hitman69; June 18th, 2008 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman69 View Post
    Hi, I have my new Casio Pathfinder paw-1500 just for 3 days, it`s really cool!, but i have some questions:

1. Does this watch have bearing memory? I don`t know how to activate it
    Memory Capacity: 1 record (stored direction angle and indicator) i can´t find it.
    2. When I use the altitude memory, it doesn`t have continiously memory storage as my PRG-80, and the altimeter alarm is not present either and
    Relative altitude display,Altitude differential graphic, where are them?

3. Is there a way to configure the EL backlight to be present more than a second?

I have read all the user`s guide and can`t find that functions, hope you can help

:thanks
    all those questions nailed the reasons why i choose PAW1300 over PAW1500 at the first place (i'm offered both watch at same price )

1. 1500 doesnt have digital bearing memory. it depend on rotating bezel

2. Option for choosing between relative altitude display and altitude differential graphic only available on PAW1300, not on any other Protrek. both 1300 and 1500 doesnt have altitude alarm.

3. 1300 and 1500 EL duration cant be adjusted, unlike older module. what a shame, casio
    Rolex 116600 LN || Seiko SBDC033 || G-Shock GW9400-1 & G7800B1
    Omega SMP Quartz
    (on missus wrist)

Quote Originally Posted by G'ed View Post
    2. Option for choosing between relative altitude display and altitude differential graphic only available on PAW1300, not on any other Protrek. both 1300 and 1500 doesnt have altitude alarm.

3. 1300 and 1500 EL duration cant be adjusted, unlike older module. what a shame, casio
    These and the lack of a storm alarm are big oversights by Casio...

...but they have a long history of feature oversights on otherwise great models alas. Like many Casio models, perhaps they should have called it the "almost".

Still, I like the PAW1500T a lot, and will probably get one if they come down some more, and I'm flush with funds. I would actually use most of the features of this watch.

Thanks to all for your comments, despite of those missing functions, this is a great watch...but CASIO could make it better!!, however I love my watch! Thanks again

Thread Information