? for PAW1200 owners

Thread: ? for PAW1200 owners

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

? for PAW1200 owners

I ve noticed that after the watch syncs up the first time for the night with the atomic signal it does not always even kick in to sync mode every hour of the what 4 hours it says it will ! Do you think they have added a power save feature that knows it has synced up once already and only does it 1 or 2 times a night ? OR is my watch goofy lol ..

Or maybe this is a new way with the ones that sync to all the countries that have the atomic clock all 5 ! Maybe the module knows it has synced up and just does it 1 or maybe 2 times a night or once :-S ?? Iam kina confused with this !

Thou its no big thing as it seems to sync up every night atleast once !!! :-S

Wink Re: ? for PAW1200 owners

Hi Pipes,

I think you might have a look at the powes save chapter of the manual. I actually don't know, but it sounds reasonable for an Atomic model that if the first (or a later) succesfull attempt to sync at one night, will cancel the other schedualed attempts that night. I'm not sure yet.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: ? for PAW1200 owners

Manual for module 3043 indicates that the watch will automatically try to synch at Midnight, 0100hrs, 0200hrs, 0300hrs, 0400hrs, 0500hrs, for a total of 6 times during the day.

When one of them is successful, the remaining auto receive operations are not performed.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Pipes,
    I have the PAW1200-3V. I have noticed that it almost always syncs at 00:05. My GW-530A syncs around 05:03. My feeling is that the PAW1200 has a more sensitive receiver.
    Take Care,
    Paul
    In Dogs We Trust

I do not have the PAW1200, but it uses the Casio 5th generation atomic technology. I do have the AWG-500BJ and the GW-300. The AWG-500 attempts to sync at midnight (like the PAW-1200) and tries continuously to find a signal. Once it syncs to the atomic clock it stops until the next night at midnight. The GW-300 attempts to sync at 02:00, 03:00, 04:00 and finally 05:00. Even if the watch receives the signal at 02:00 it will look for the signal again three more times. It does not stop. It's kinda like the "Terminator". That's all it does. Only, it does stop after 05:00.:-D My watch picks up the signal from Ft. Collins very well. Only will miss it a few times per year. Usually in bad weather or in the winter. I think the 5th gen atomic watches are just a better design. The software/firmware is a bit smarter. Why acquire the signal more than once? Really makes no sense.

I've been considering one of the ProTrek watches. I like the PRG60 because it is both analog and digital like the AWG-500 (which I got from Katsu-san at Higuchi). Looked at the PAW1200 at a local JCPenney and it is an enormous watch. I like all the gadgets, but not sure if I would actually use it as is intended. The thermometer would be cool, but I'm sure the warmth from ones body would add a few degrees to the reading. Although, I understand it can be calibrated. Once you do that it would seem to me you would only get a "true" reading if you were wearinging the watch.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by CheatNeckG-Man
    The thermometer would be cool, but I'm sure the warmth from ones body would add a few degrees to the reading. Although, I understand it can be calibrated. Once you do that it would seem to me you would only get a "true" reading if you were wearinging the watch.
    hi,

thats right. it makes absolutely no sense to calibrate the thermometer while the watch is off your wrist. best way to calibrate is taking a seat, place a calibrated thermometer nearby and wait for about an half hour to one. it can easily be done while watching tv for instance. to my experience, the difference in the measurements with on/off wrist calibrated watches is about 8-10 degrees celsius.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Hi Pipes,

I think you might have a look at the powes save chapter of the manual. I actually don't know, but it sounds reasonable for an Atomic model that if the first (or a later) succesfull attempt to sync at one night, will cancel the other schedualed attempts that night. I'm not sure yet.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Ive looke all over the manual ! And iam SURE its me but they don't seem to metion the sync thing in any section ! :-S thou it seems you guys are right because once its syncs 1 time it don't keep trying !!

Quote Originally Posted by pipes
    Ive looke all over the manual ! And iam SURE its me but they don't seem to metion the sync thing in any section ! :-S thou it seems you guys are right because once its syncs 1 time it don't keep trying !!
    I quote from the Module 3043 manual, page 2:

"The watch receives the time calibration signal automatically up to six times a day. When any auto receive is successful, the remaining auto receive operations are not performed. The reception schedule (calibration times) depends on your currently selected Home City, and whether standard time or aylight Saving Time is selected for your Home City."

Hope this helps.

Arno

Quote Originally Posted by arnof
    I quote from the Module 3043 manual, page 2:

"The watch receives the time calibration signal automatically up to six times a day. When any auto receive is successful, the remaining auto receive operations are not performed. The reception schedule (calibration times) depends on your currently selected Home City, and whether standard time or aylight Saving Time is selected for your Home City."

Hope this helps.

Arno
    I finaly found it in the maual but in my maual it NOT on page 2 :O)

I love my PAW-1200, but have found the "atomic syncer" can be a little picky sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information