WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

PAW1300G-1V or riseman multi band atomic?

852 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BenL 
#1 ·
which one is okay for you..? in terms of quality, duarability and functions.. thanks.. pls help me decide

#2 · (Edited)
Both really great quality.

Do you need/want a compass ? 1300 has one, Riseman does not.

1300 is 5 band atomic timekeeping, Riseman is 6 - probably not a big deal though I think the 6th band is for China, they are the same for US, UK, Europe, Japan.

1300 will have bigger display, maybe easier to read if you are going to use it in very active settings, but the Riseman display is great too and should not be a problem.

Riseman is G Shock - this ought to make it a bit more durable but if it were me I would have to admit that I am not going to have my Protrek (I have a 1500) anywhere or do anything to it that is likely to damage it where a G Shock would not be damaged. They are very very tough watches (Protrek/Pathfinders).

If I were deciding between the two, unless I wanted the Compass, I would just pick the style I preferred and go with that.

#3 ·
I love my G's but a little part of me always thinks that the 'toughness' is a bit overkill...with some of the abuse the G can take, I'd rather not be around it, meaning, I will give out a lot sooner than the G will ;)

It's kind of like the 200m water resistance...few buyers will ever test the G at 1/3 of that, but it's cool to know nonetheless.

As far as core functions, I love the Pathfinders, but then again I like big watches too.
G's seem to be better value if you don't need or want the EXTRA large display, plus you have that G 'piece of mind'. Ex: I never bother my son (2 yrs old) if he's playing with my Mudman because short of throwing it in a wood chipper, there's not much he can do to it.

Although, if I've learned anything in my short time in this forum, the consensus will be to tell you to buy them both. ;)

#4 ·
Although, if I've learned anything in my short time in this forum, the consensus will be to tell you to buy them both. ;)
good boy :-d

regards, holger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.