PAW1300G or PAW1500GB

Thread: PAW1300G or PAW1500GB

PAW1300G or PAW1500GB

I know this is a 'How long is a piece of string?' question, but I wonder if any members have experience of both of these Pro Trek models, as I want to get one or the other. I have studied the specs on each, and they are very similar, with the PAW1500 having the Tide and Moon data extra, plus a better water resistance (200m rather than 100m for the PAW1300), but I'm sure I read on one of the forums that the PAW1300 had the edge for some reason (I've forgotten what, and can't find the old post!). I want a Solar powered, Atomic regulated Casio with 2 straps, and built in strap adaptors so I can swap for a Nato or something if I like (I don't get on with resin or rubber straps). Any views on which would be the better watch?

Re: PAW1300G or PAW1500GB

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I know this is a 'How long is a piece of string?' question, but I wonder if any members have experience of both of these Pro Trek models, as I want to get one or the other. I have studied the specs on each, and they are very similar, with the PAW1500 having the Tide and Moon data extra, plus a better water resistance (200m rather than 100m for the PAW1300), but I'm sure I read on one of the forums that the PAW1300 had the edge for some reason (I've forgotten what, and can't find the old post!). I want a Solar powered, Atomic regulated Casio with 2 straps, and built in strap adaptors so I can swap for a Nato or something if I like (I don't get on with resin or rubber straps). Any views on which would be the better watch?

Go for a limited edition PAW 1500GB. You will get an adaptor already attached to it and an extra color matched elastic valcro band which I found extremely useful and comfortable and grip extremely well on my wrist. The lenght of the strap could be adjusted in a matter of seconds to suit your wrist or outside your jacket.

The accuracy of data in comparison to the published ones are extremely accurate for my homecity (especially moon age and high/low tide).This watch is among the lightest given the size being only 79g.

I love the watch so much I bought another unit just for collection whilst the first one I got is now a daily beater.

The watch is really a head turner among family members and friends. My brother reckon it looks manly, tough and rugged on me. I think it will look nice on any wrist.

Thanks for the information! Is the PAW1500GB 'thin' enough to wear with a long sleeved shirt if you need to?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A recent thread about the 1500GB with some info on the 1300G. Link

As far as shirt sleeves, if you wear an XL or bigger I think your safe.
    Last edited by bulldog15; August 23rd, 2009 at 06:09. Reason: link

Love my PAW1500-1v but not a fan of the GB.

Does anyone have a photo of the 1500GB with its default strap? I actually like Casio's thick resin straps on their Pathfinders.

This is the watch, correct? Borrowed from one of Gaijin's posts. But that's the titanium bracelet. What's the strap like that it comes on?

--Greg

Not a very good shot of the band. It is cloth, leather, and maybe synthetic on the inside.
    Here is a picture from DougFNJ Link

Thanks, it's totally a good enough picture to tell me what I wanted to know. I'd like one of the great Pathfinder resin or rubber straps for this piece, and posted the question on the ABC forum. Thanks again!

--Greg

Awesome pics here:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=268911

I love the stock band on my 1500GB. My plan was to use a NATO but I like the stock strap so I use it as it came. Very awesome watch!!!

Thanks again to all thise who have helped me to consider the two alternatives. I think I will be going for the PAW1300G - if I can find one for a good price!

Thread Information