paw1400t

Thread: paw1400t

ntp

paw1400t

I am looking forward to buying the new paw1400t. The watch is 10.3 mm thin so I can't help but wonder: would it be more fragile than the 14-15mm ProTek's?

Besides that, the watch seems great: it has all the ProTek features, it looks awesome. And about compass accuracy and the sort, I found out that +/-11 degrees is the maximum error the compass could give and NOT the usual one. So it's way too cool for me. But what about its fragility?

Cool Re: paw1400t

I believe the reason why the 1300 and 1400 are thinner than the 1200 and previous 3 sensor Pathfinders is because it does not have a separate LCD that projects the compass X on top of the main watch face. The 1300 and 1400 have markers that turn on around the watch face to show the N, E, W and S directions. Also the PAW1400T is US only. The Euro version is a different model number and does not have Multi Band 5 Wave Ceptor feature.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

ntp

Re: paw1400t

thanx for the reply. I found the PAW1400T 7V that has 5 band atomic sync, but it has PROTEK written on the bracelet (the European name of Pathfinders). Anyway, what is your general impression of the watch? Is it worth it? Is the different compass display a bad one?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool Re: paw1400t

Quote Originally Posted by ntp View Post
    thanx for the reply. I found the PAW1400T 7V that has 5 band atomic sync, but it has PROTEK written on the bracelet (the European name of Pathfinders). Anyway, what is your general impression of the watch? Is it worth it? Is the different compass display a bad one?
    All-in-all, I like the PAW1400T alot. It is a tad smaller than the PAW1300T but it is still big on my smallish wrist (it is my biggest watch todate). The display is big easy to read even in low light. I do not have the need for super accurate nor instantaneous readings on the ABC functions so the Casio Pathfinder/Pro Trek works great for me. The displayed directional compass points around the edge of the watch can be a little hard to see in low light and may take some getting used to for people used to seeing an X for the compass function but I find it to be sufficient to do the job and a very good compromise for the thinner profile. The PAW1400T is up there in the coolness factor for me. There have been alot of requests for pictures and wrist shots but I am not only bad at digital pics but also unable to. Hopefully somebody else with one will be in a better position to provide the pics than me.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

Thread Information