WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Paw1500 > paw2000 ??

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  JERSTERCA 
#1 ·
Man Casio loves to confuse people :-d
After figuring out that the new solar atomic gulfman didnt have what made the gulfman useful (moon/tide), I stumbled on the PAW1500 and am ready to pull the trigger.
But wait, I just read that they released the 'upgraded' PAW2000.
AGAIN, where is the moon phase/tide data?? How is it an upgrade (other than sunrise/sundown data)???

Does anyone know if there are advantages to the newer PAW2000, and what are the practical differences other than those i found/mentioned?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Size. PAW-2000 is a lot thinner and a bit smaller than 1500. Many folks complained that 1500 display was "too busy" plus not everyone wanted moon and tide data. There is also a "dual display" that helps a lot when you're looking at compass.

PAW1500 is unapologetic tool watch that screams "tool!"... 2000 is more like a regular digital watch and in titanium with braclet it looks quite dressy. (Just look at Japan version called "Mansale" - that's real nice dressy digital watch - albert an expensive one at 800 bucks).

Other difference is in WR. 1500 is 200m WR and 2000 is "only" 100m WR.

Hope this helps...

Cheers|>

#3 ·
Casio does not market it as an upgrade just a different feature set. I think the 1500 has a smaller screen and like the looks of the 2000 better. There is a new G shock with several features you might like in a more durable watch, The G7900 large moon phase, and the GW7900. The GW7900B is out in the US for a list price of 150 and should be less through other sellers soon it has a reverse display that is not for everybody, but it looks killer b-)

#6 ·
Also- consider the PAW-2000 has a standard 20mm lug width so a NATO strap is easy without adaptors. The PAW-1500 you are pretty much locked into the resin strap or metal bracelet as the adaptors are very difficult to get. The PAW-2000 is significantly thinner and wears smaller than the PAW-1500.

#7 ·
I think I can finally say EUREKA!!!

I'll get the non RC Gulfman which will have the moon/tide data.
I'll get the PAW2000 and I believe I have it all covered.
Unless there is a PAW2000.2 or something....:-s

I started with the little ol Gulfman, the new version isn't really what it was supposed to be, went to the PAW1300 which lead me to the 1500, and now the 2000....

#10 ·
get the paw2000 you're going to love it, I do.

#13 ·
Hmm, the slim design of the 2000 makes it an appetising catch but the lack of anything on the LHS looks a bit empty to me soz...the PAW1500 for me is the leader atm, and the moon/tide graph is great if ur in Sri Lanka as all full moon days are publich hols :-D

#15 ·
I like the sunrise sunset feature on the 2000 :-! The 1500 has 200 water resistance |> but the screen is a little busy for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.