PAW2000T-7V ~One Month in

Thread: PAW2000T-7V ~One Month in

PAW2000T-7V ~One Month in

JESTERCA asked me how I liked my PAW2000T-7V after around a month of use.

I gave a more thorough reply than I planned, half-way to a full review, so decided to repost it here.

Quote Originally Posted by anathema
    Love it! I got the titanium mostly for the look of the case. I wore the titanium bracelet for only a couple days, but since its pretty much a daily tool/beater watch, I quickly switched to the Zulu strap.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2785/...c51a0823_b.jpg

I think the Zulu looks fantastic on it, but I really liked how the titanium looked as well. The titanium is definitely a bit brighter, and obviously a lot shinier than the case itself, but I never found it to be off.

So, after a month, the watch is performing exactly as expected.

The atomic timekeeping has the most sensitive radio out of any of the gshocks I've owned. It syncs laying on my floor, on my wrist at night, on the coffee table, whatever. It has yet to miss one since the first night.

The ABC functions appear to work well, but it is winter time here, so my outdoors activities are severely curtailed. I play with the compass and barometer occasionally, and they seem accurate enough. The altitude I don't care about as I have no interest in knowing my altitude (I generally know what it is at all times just due to terrain knowledge around here, if it ever mattered).

The solar is working as good as any solar I'd guess. It has been at 'medium' since I got it, which is not bad considering the only light it really gets is the fluorescents from my home, as it is under my winter jacket sleeve all day.

So to answer your question, I really like the watch, and being a practical guy, there isn't really a watch I'd rather own right now, for any price.

It has rugged good looks with the Zulu on there (or Ti really). It has some not bad ABC functionality for when I need it (I do ocean sailing, camping, hiking, skidooing, dirtbiking, etc). It seems pretty tough, though probably not Gshock standards (if only for the reason that the crystal is not sunk into the bezel at all).

With your permission actually I'm going to post your question with my answer in the G-Shock or ABC forum since I ended up writing a semi-complete 1-month in review haha.

Let me know if you need to know anything else specific.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA
    Hows it going,

I just wanted to ask a couple of questions as Im looking to get a PAW1100T or a PAW2000? resin or Ti, I am not sure if the Ti is worth the extra. First I have read that the Ti bracelet on the 2000 is a lot lighter than the case. Does it look off. I know the black resin with go with lots of straps

How do you like it know that you have had it about a month.

Thanks for any info you can give me.
    Jerry

Re: PAW2000T-7V ~One Month in

Thanks again After your response I put my Seiko SKX175 on the sales forum. Its more than I was planing on spending I do like the way it looks and think I would also use the sunrise and sunset features along with the other ABC functions

Edit I did ask a few members info on Pathfinders and they all were very helpful. Thanks
    Last edited by JERSTERCA; December 13th, 2009 at 02:49.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    Edit I did ask a few members info on Pathfinders and they all were very helpful. Thanks
    I really do like my Pathfinders and Protreks. I was actually into them long before I became interested in G-Shocks!

--Greg

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very good review! Do you have an older model pathfinder to compare it to?

Fraid not Wojo.

Thread Information