THE PERFECT G-SHOCK NARROWED DOWN TO 3!!! NEED HELP NOW!!! THANKS!!!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Fer Guzman
  • 1 Post By kung-fusion
  • 4 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By Chrisek
  • 3 Post By Godan
  • 1 Post By cal..45

Thread: THE PERFECT G-SHOCK NARROWED DOWN TO 3!!! NEED HELP NOW!!! THANKS!!!

Confused THE PERFECT G-SHOCK NARROWED DOWN TO 3!!! NEED HELP NOW!!! THANKS!!!

Hello again all. Per my post last evening that many of you replied to & helped me narrow my focus for the "Perfect G for me" I have narrowed my choices down to these (3) G-shocks: 1) GW-8900A-1 2) GW-7900-1ER 3) GWM-530A-CR1 This is where I need help from all you well versed G-Shock fans!!! What can you guys tell me about your experiences, good & bad, with these models? I have copy & pasted my post from last evening that details my needs for my G-Shock of choice:

I need a Casio G-Shock recommendation from you guys, as I was told you are the best watch source. I'm a career firefighter, an avid fitness fanatic & a bit of a 'gun nut.'
    I'm in search of the 'prefect' G-shock for my needs in the above 3 categories.

Here is my definitive criteria for the watch I am looking for:

1) All digital only
    2) Must have 5th button backlight(at least 3 second duration)
    3) Solar/Atomic(Not a deal breaker, but I just really prefer this feature)
    4) Water resistant to 200m(I like to swim & need a watch that works well in water; on top of being a firefighter as well)
    5) Easy to use buttons even with a gloved hand(This is a particularly important need as I use gloves a lot at the fire department as well as when I'm shooting)
    6) Countdown timer(24 hr or more preferred)
    7) At least 1 stopwatch(24 hr or more preferred)
    8) Must be predominantly black in color to fit into fire departments dress code(band, bezel, etc.)
    9) Positive or negative face as long as it has a fairly legible display
    10) Audible alarms
    11) Time, day of the week, date & month in main display
    12) Resin band(I live in the south & it gets awfully hot here in the summers. Need a band that is easy to clean, dries quickly & is COMFORTABLE)
    13) I'd prefer a newer model of G-Shock as opposed to an older or 'classic' model

I think that about covers my main needs for my search for the perfect G-shock for me.
    Any help that you guys can give me, models or styles recommended, is GREATLY appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Supercracker80; February 1st, 2014 at 04:09.

Re: THE PERFECT G-SHOCK NARROWED DOWN TO 3!!! NEED HELP NOW!!! THANKS!!!

well the 8900 is out because all negative displays are pretty hard to read in low light. If you plan on using the watch to tell time don't get a negative or go see it in person first. Other than the eyes, I like the GWM-530A-CR1 better.
    Supercracker80 likes this.

I know it is not one of the three you mentioned, but have you considered the Rangeman? It meets all your criteria and is probably the best G-shock module Casio has ever released.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I know it is not one of the three you mentioned, but have you considered the Rangeman?
    Previously mentioned, considered, and apparently discarded ==> https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/bra...lp-977220.html

(This is why multiple, redundant threads aren't always the greatest idea. )

Does size matter? The AWG is smaller and would probably fit under your cuffs MUCH better than either of the other 2.

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

The depth of knowledge on this forum is unique. For a different and perhaps helpful perspective on the watches you are considering, you might take a look at the reviews on Amazon. Access to both sets of ideas was helpful to me when I was looking for a G-Shock with specific features.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

As mentioned the GW-8900 is negative and not so good to read under difficult light conditions. The buttons of the GWM-530 are not easy to push, let alone with gloves. The GW-7900 has the best to push buttons but still I would prefer the G-7900. Besides atomic and solar (nice but overrated) the GW-7900 has nothing to offer over the G-7900 but the other way around the G-7900 offers a lot over the GW-7900.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Outstanding you guys. Thank you for the input. I was very hesitant about a negative face watch, as so many people find the display very difficult to read. I liked the GWM-530 really because of the resin band. A friend of mine at the fire department has one & let me try it on. It was very comfortable on the wrist. Time to research this G(W)-7900 some more. I appreciate everyone's patience with my somewhat redundant questions & posts.

Thread Information