Phew ! Lost an ebay auction

Thread: Phew ! Lost an ebay auction

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Phew ! Lost an ebay auction

I am experiencing relief I have just lost an ebay auction for an old model Frogman and to be honest...although I would of course have honouered my bid, it was a watch too far this month (Riseman, Protrek 1500, GW-M5600BC, GW-2000BD - just waiting on the last one to arrive).

This emotion is not the opposite of buyer's remorse I think...that would be buyer's anticipation or something...perhaps it is non-purchasing sanity

Or actually...bidders guilt...partly for bidding for something I couldn't justify and partly driving up the price for the eventual purchaser.

Anyone else experience this rare emotion

Re: Phew ! Lost an ebay auction

All the time! I mean honestly, how many watches do you really need? Simply one. How many watches do most of us on this forum own? More than one.

Every once in awhile it's good to let your conscience put the brakes on, that way you can always justify purchasing another watch later. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Coler View Post
    I am experiencing relief I have just lost an ebay auction for an old model Frogman and to be honest...although I would of course have honouered my bid, it was a watch too far this month (Riseman, Protrek 1500, GW-M5600BC, GW-2000BD - just waiting on the last one to arrive).

This emotion is not the opposite of buyer's remorse I think...that would be buyer's anticipation or something...perhaps it is non-purchasing sanity

Or actually...bidders guilt...partly for bidding for something I couldn't justify and partly driving up the price for the eventual purchaser.

Anyone else experience this rare emotion
    RCT

Laughing Re: Phew ! Lost an ebay auction

Quote Originally Posted by rcoreytaylor View Post
    Every once in awhile it's good to let your conscience put the brakes on, that way you can always justify purchasing another watch later. Ha!
    That's exactly right. When we clearly demonstrate self-restraint by not buying a new watch, we justifiably merit rewarding ourselves later in some way - like buying a new watch, for example.

"I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well...I don't know about needing the one watch...I would say I need the following :-

Dressy watch x 1. I tend to accept that I can't wear a G Shock everywhere. I use an omega aquaterra for this.

Daily beater - whatever you prefer yourself but I like to have one digital and one analogue. I have a GW M5600BC for my digital beater and am waiting on a GW-2000BD for my analogue. Clearly I don't need both of these to fulfil this role.

Digital sport watches x 2 ; I referee rugby ; need two watches just in case one fails and also for timing sin bins and stuff. The M5600BC is not great at this as it doesn't have such a legible face in the outdoors.

So...I have changed around a few things (ditched the two cheapo digitals I was using_ and am probably more indulging in too much watch for the job (using a riseman and protrek 1500 as my refs watchs ) than indulging in too many watches. I could in other words get away with out one of my daily beaters...but not much more than that...so I guess I need 4 watches I like my current choices in each role

Actually I think I have just fixed my upper limit for watches that I own - 5 tops, and no more than that. I'm going to operate a one in one out rule from now on !
    Last edited by Coler; April 5th, 2009 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler View Post
    That's exactly right. When we clearly demonstrate self-restraint by not buying a new watch, we justifiably merit rewarding ourselves later in some way - like buying a new watch, for example.

'I never done it'

Actually I think I have just fixed my upper limit for watches that I own - 5 tops, and no more than that. I'm going to operate a one in one out rule from now on !
    That's the spirit! Way to go. Doesn't it feel good to show a little restraint and set a few parameters to live by. Truly a sign of good judgement.

(I on the other hand plan to buy many, many more! Ha!)

Cheers!
    RCT

Quote Originally Posted by rcoreytaylor View Post
    That's the spirit! Way to go. Doesn't it feel good to show a little restraint and set a few parameters to live by. Truly a sign of good judgement.

(I on the other hand plan to buy many, many more! Ha!)

Cheers!
    LOL good stuff & go for it

I'm gonna give quality over quantity a try for a bit

One watch per month max for me from now on. Especially as I have just bought a GG Frogman and I have my eye on a Suunto Core this month.
    PRX-2000T-7JF
    DW-8400Z-1T
    DW-8400BK-1MJF
    DW-8400LG-8JR
    DW-8400NK-3T
    DW-8400Y-9T
    DW-8400G-1
    DW-8400-1V
    DW-8400BM-1T

I think many have experienced this multiple times.. But the experience on the flip side is much more rare and interesting: Putting in a low and early bid and not expecting to win.. Only to have it go through!

Actually I think I have just fixed my upper limit for watches that I own - 5 tops, and no more than that.
    Not enough. Seven is the right number. Buy two more watches.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information