Photos Can Be Deceiving!!!

Thread: Photos Can Be Deceiving!!!

Photos Can Be Deceiving!!!

Allow me to first note that I am about 25% colorblind, so that may be the problem

This photo appeared a while back on this forum, and is provided for illustration purposes.

When I saw, it looked like a dark, rich green to me. I later found out, it's black, and the green model has a reverse display.

If this was truly the rich green that this awesome picture shows, I'd have one on order.

Regardless, a really clean, functional watch at its price point.

Regards, Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Photos Can Be Deceiving!!!

I've been fooled a few times as well by pictures of almost black-looking G-Shocks which in fact were a dark green, dark brown or dark any-colour

It's always better to check on the watch model number to be absolutely sure

Here's what I understand... this mudman's model number is G-9000-1VDR or G-9000-1JF. I think VDR = export models while JF = Japan releases. The number preceding this code determines the colour as below:

1 = BLACK
    2 = BLUE
    3 = GREEN
    4 = RED
    5 = BROWN
    6 = PURPLE
    7 = WHITE
    8 = GREY
    9 = GOLD

Hmmm... this means the cream/beige Mudman should be a grey colour then :-D

Quote Originally Posted by wongster
    8 = GREY
    Hmmm... this means the cream/beige Mudman should be a grey colour then :-D
    Oh yes...I've got one of those number "8" watches in the form of my G-9000 on my arm right now and, well, it's definitely not "grey", nor is it really "cream". In some circumstances, for instance when wearing a very similar color shirt I have, it is better qualified as "desert khaki": very much like the "background" part of U.S. desert camo uniforms, a very, very light shade of brown.

And, of course, always be very, very careful with colors on your internet screen! The art of mixing, of rendering, of reproducing colors is very complex, whether it be "in paint" or "on screen". As any person buying clothes (most prominently ladies) well knows, it is necessary to take the item outside in natural lighting conditions to view the "real" color of the item.

Just for the interest of it, in the field of colors, one of the world reference books is a large French book from the 18th century, worth many many dollars, containing "named" reference-examples of the colors at that time used for, if I remember correctly, the textile / carpetweaving industry (or was it chinaware? - "porcelaine de Sèvres" or "Limoges"?).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Eric,

I can asure you that the watch that you have in the picture is black with red buttons. The displays are of the black and the cream model very clear. The negative display on the dark green model is quiet clear too, but , like with other negative displays, you got to get used to them.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by e-Man
    Allow me to first note that I am about 25% colorblind, so that may be the problem

This photo appeared a while back on this forum, and is provided for illustration purposes.

When I saw, it looked like a dark, rich green to me. I later found out, it's black, and the green model has a reverse display.

If this was truly the rich green that this awesome picture shows, I'd have one on order.

Regards, Eric
    Hello Eric -

I can also assure you by echoing Sjors, that it is black with red buttons.

Photos can be deceiving. Have a read of Bandido Resinbandit's post

Quote Originally Posted by e-Man

Regards, Eric

Hello All,
    e-Man, as Ozzie pointed out this sort of thing did catch my eye too.
    Looking at the background too, it appears that in this case a light red filter was used over the lense. Or perhaps some work was done in photoshop.
    Either way, I'll go along with everyone's notions here, that it does have a hue which is similiar to a chocolate brown.

In these cases, I can only tip my hat to Ozzie for his insistance on:
    1) seeing the watch in the flesh
    2) taking as many photos (in various lighting) as possible

A great piece of advice Ozzie;
    This post/pic is big 10-4 to your method.

Thread Information