Photos IN a posting?????.....

Thread: Photos IN a posting?????.....

Question Photos IN a posting?????.....

A question.....

How do you post photos directly into a posting? I can only figure out how to upload the photo so that it appears as a clickable thumb at the bottom of a posting. Sorry for such a lame newbie question, but I would like to be able to post photos in this manner but can't seem to figure out how!

Thanks in advance for your help!
    RAY

Re: Photos IN a posting?????.....

try to find a web based freeware hosting site like photobucket hostingfiles flickr ecc...or similar.....
    upload the picture on the website and then they will return to you a textual link that you will have to paste inside your reply.....
    This can allow you to put images inside your reply and not at the bottom....
    watches are meant to tell times..

See this thread in the 'How To' section -

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=28301

The only thing I would add is that it makes good sense to use the sizing option in Photobucket (I imagine similar websites have the same facility). There is an option to resize for forums. Doing this means that the picture will fit neatly in the thread, rather than flying off the side, which distorts threads and makes them harder to navigate.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks tribe125 and ecalzo!! I have a Photobucket account up and running. Here is a test posting of a shot from there!

Let me know if this seems to fit properly! This is one of my newest G's - A GW-5600BCJ -
    Thanks,
    RAY:thanks

Looking good. And nice 5600.

Another one:

Quote Originally Posted by RayDillard View Post
    I have a Photobucket account up and running. Here is a test posting of a shot from there!
    Yep, looking good!

The picture could actually be bigger (although it looks fine). The 'forum default' for Photobucket is 640 x 480, and I see your picture is 500 x 375. It depends on the size of the original picture, of course, and 640 x 480 is the maximum. If the original picture was smaller it will appear at that size.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks for the info! This is full size as I had already edited the size down. In the future I won't have to do that! That accounts for the odd size, too!
    Thanks Again!
    RAY

Wink Re: Photos IN a posting?????.....

I use for maximum width 800 and maximum hight about 600 pixels (sometimes a little more). That seems to work best. It is also the picture size I use on my daily weblog. It is a defauls size in Photobucket too, but I mostly crop them in Photoshop

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information