Pic: I'm Dying to Get This Watch - Not a G, but Awesome

Thread: Pic: I'm Dying to Get This Watch - Not a G, but Awesome

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pic: I'm Dying to Get This Watch - Not a G, but Awesome

I've been eyeing this watch (one of the two variants) for quite a while now and the price tag is keeping me from buying it so far, but I'm sure I'll break down eventually.

I know it's not a G-Shock but I can see those who like G's liking these as well.

I'm really digging the camouflage versions (one's woodland type and the other desert type).

This company paints each watch by hand so no two are exactly alike. I think that's a cool option.

If I knew how to paint cammo, I'd probably just paint one of my other watches to look like this. I have a Citizen Sky-Hawk that's similar to these, but all black, so if I could paint it up cammo-style I'd save a ton of money.

Here are a few pics:

Re: Pic: I'm Dying to Get This Watch - Not a G, but Awesome

I am interested to hear some reviews and read some opinions about this watch also. I first saw it on 24, worn by Jack Bauer.

The price would be the first thing to make me think twice but I am just not familiar with MTM or their watches.
    Waiting to buy the new 9110
    G 9100-1
    GW 9200-1
    GW 9000A-1
    G 9000MS-1
    DW 5600MS-1
    Luminox 3001 Navy Seal Dive Watch
    Luminox 1582 Sea Series Diver
    Swiss Army 1884 Officer's Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Drebin View Post
    I am interested to hear some reviews and read some opinions about this watch also. I first saw it on 24, worn by Jack Bauer.

The price would be the first thing to make me think twice but I am just not familiar with MTM or their watches.
    I've read great things about these watches, which I think is partly why you will never find them under the full retail price.

I first noticed the camo version on True Blood (Jason Stackhouse wears it) and then researched it to find out what watch it is. Looks like a bunch of people have them, including the Prince of Spain.

In short, great reputation, but again, 750 is a lot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the camo finish from an aesthetic point of view. Unfortunately the military-wannabe image never fails to put me off any watch. Saying both "spec ops" and "special forces" on the dial means I'll never wear that particular model.

I'd be interested in a more civilian version
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    I know it's not a G-Shock but I can see those who like G's liking these as well.
    well at least in my case you are very wrong i'm afraid. i realy like military watches and watches related to (real) military people (as G's), but those MTM's are for plain awful wannabe weekend hobby warriors. the "Spec Ops, Special Forces" crap on the dial is so ridiculous, it makes me laugh everytime i see one of those. anyway I don't have to like it, but YOU, so go for it.

I'm really digging the camouflage versions (one's woodland type and the other desert type).
    be careful though. i'm really not sure how they put the camo on the metal but unless it is done in a very specialized process like PVD or similar, simple paint wont last very long and will make the watch look ugly in short time.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I don't think there will be huge numbers of 'G' fans fallling for this nonsense.

I mean just look at some of this stuff (taken from a post on WUS).

"THE DARK OPS BLACK WARRIOR Is A Natural Addition To The MTM Line Of Military Watches. All Pro Ops Have Been Designed To Withstand Extreme Combat Conditions. With The Introduction Of The Dark Ops Warriors, MTM Delivers A Watch That Will Stand Up To Anything That Navy Seals And The Toughest Mission Can Throw At It."

"ITS OWN WATERTIGHT BOX." 'With 'Automatic Purge Relief' apparently!

Who makes this stuff up?

Also it has 'Combat Tactical Precision'. Oooh errr that will definitely scare the pants of the enemy. If they would only stop laughing their socks off for a while that is!

Pretentious or what!

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch100; July 19th, 2010 at 23:14.

Strictly for impressionable teenagers (of all ages).

Sorry for the scornful and dismissive tone, but things like this make me wince so much it almost hurts.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Lightbulb Re: Pic: I'm Dying to Get This Watch - Not a G, but Awesome

I would like to hear a review on the woodland warrior version my self!

Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    I've been eyeing this watch (one of the two variants) for quite a while now and the price tag is keeping me from buying it so far, but I'm sure I'll break down eventually.

This company paints each watch by hand so no two are exactly alike. I think that's a cool option.

If I knew how to paint cammo, I'd probably just paint one of my other watches to look like this. I have a Citizen Sky-Hawk that's similar to these, but all black, so if I could paint it up cammo-style I'd save a ton of money.

Here are a few pics:

Last edited by Wolverine; July 20th, 2010 at 00:47.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Also it has 'Combat Tactical Precision'. Oooh errr that will definitely scare the pants of the enemy. If they would only stop laughing their socks off for a while that is!

*shudder*
    *barf*
    *more shudder*
    Suunto Core Sahara | Suunto Vector HR | Seiko SCC017 Solar Diver | Casio GW5000 (sold) | Casio Pathfinder PRW3000 (sold) | Suunto Elementum Terra (sold) | Ocean7 LM7 SS (sold) | Citizen Aqualand Classic II (sold) | Seiko 6309-7040 (sold) | Seiko 6105-8110 (sold) | Casio PAW-1500T (sold) | G-shock GW6900 (sold) |

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information