Picked up a G for my son

Thread: Picked up a G for my son

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Picked up a G for my son

IMHO I figure everyone should have at least one G-Shock. I have two now, and my older son and his buddy (who are both 13 and budding WIS) were eyeing up my new Riseman. My son has a Timex "kids" Ironman which is definitely too small for his wrist now, he wears his Casio MDV-102 most of the time but misses the alarms and other features that his Timex has. So I thought I would get him a G for our upcoming Scout Camporee as I got the Riseman for the same reason. I found a DW-9052 for $35 bucks and snagged it for him. I will wait until the night before the trip to spring it on him I can't wait to see his reaction

Cheers,
    Griff

Now if I could only get my younger son interested, he couldn't care less about wearing a watch...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Picked up a G for my son

Great buy Griff! Get the whole family involved! Cheers

Looks neat.Let's hope he doesn't wanna trade it with your Riseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

good choice looks to me like the old mudman.

both my boys have Gs the youngest 16 has a DW-6900 that he wanted. he wears it once in a while. my oldest 18 has a gulfman and recently thanks also to wus he has a g 2300. since he had got the Gs he has worn won or the other almost every day he very seldom wore his first watch a wenger I got him . anyway he came to me last night and wanted me to find some watches for him that had a lot or red. though it was cool both of us checking out Gs now if I could only get the wife interested in a baby G.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

that is thoughtful. thats where it all begins. great choice picking the 9052.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Banned

I'm sure your son will enjoy his new G. One of the great basic models .

Thanks guys
    When I saw the pic of yours Brian I thought that would be perfect for him as it has a bit of the Riseman look without the price tag! He has snagged a couple of watches out of my boxes, and I bought others for him that were like mine. He has a Citizen auto diver, Orient mil style auto, Citizen and Mondaine RR watches (we're railroad buffs), the MDV-102 (his favorite now that the Timex is too small), a Marathon Navigator, a Kronos yellow dial diver, a no-name CWC style G-10 and a yellow dial Columbia that has a Breitling style bezel. Yes, he has his own watch box His buddy has a collection too, he got interested in watches after seeing all my son's. His parents aren't necessarily thrilled, LOL.

My younger son has a Timex mil style field watch that he never wears, and my wife has some Swatches but neither are much interested. As my wife says, "they all look the same" (!)

Cheers,
    Griff

the more I see this one the more im liking it. wish it came in a smoke grey I would buy that right away

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by zippofan View Post
    Thanks guys
    When I saw the pic of yours Brian I thought that would be perfect for him as it has a bit of the Riseman look without the price tag! He has snagged a couple of watches out of my boxes, and I bought others for him that were like mine. He has a Citizen auto diver, Orient mil style auto, Citizen and Mondaine RR watches (we're railroad buffs), the MDV-102 (his favorite now that the Timex is too small), a Marathon Navigator, a Kronos yellow dial diver, a no-name CWC style G-10 and a yellow dial Columbia that has a Breitling style bezel. Yes, he has his own watch box His buddy has a collection too, he got interested in watches after seeing all my son's. His parents aren't necessarily thrilled, LOL.

My younger son has a Timex mil style field watch that he never wears, and my wife has some Swatches but neither are much interested. As my wife says, "they all look the same" (!)

Cheers,
    Griff

My wife has 2 watches and she thinks she has one too many

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zippofan View Post
    Thanks guys

Cheers,
    Griff
    Sounds like he has a pretty good collection going there Griff. I'll bet your wife is just THRILLED to death about that .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information