Picking up my SECOND G-shock!

Thread: Picking up my SECOND G-shock!

Picking up my SECOND G-shock!

INTRO:

Hi there! I'm going to introduce myself here, so my name is Miguel and I'm from Argentina. I've been reading this forum since a few months...and it was the reason why I got my first g-shock...the classic DW5600E.

I've used this fantastic watch every single day, it has been through mud and sand (and i rubbed it on the face...) with no marks on the crystal. The straps are a bit "used"...but overall a great watch. It was funny because i used it for my exercises, then wash it and use it with a shirt and tie...GREAT.

I love versatility, and I just want to use the DW5600E only for special occasions, like with shirts and tie, going to church, etc. (Yeah..sounds crazy but i love it that way ).

STRAIGHT TO THE POINT:

The thing is, that I want a watch so i can use it in a daily basis, i'm a student of engineery on electronics, and so that would be the use of the watch, going to college, use it at home, while working on circuit boards, while studying and stuff...not that much "action" that a g-shock deserves, but i love g-shock durabilty.

I'm into classic style...so I've been considering these watches:

DW9052
    Like: Simple and classic design. It was tested to be tough (the previous version was used with the french commandos). Timer can be set with seconds too (not only minutes).
    Don't like: The gray "screws" on the top and the bottom...like shoulder pads...that make it look ugly. And the four silver pins kill it too.

G2300 9V
    Like: Everything.
    Don't like: It's tough solar. As I'd be "inside buildings" most of the time, it won't be receiving a lot of sunlight, so that might be a problem. Another thing i don't like is the fact that the battery will need to be changed by another rechargeable battery...and as i live in Argentina, that would be tough to get, and it would cost as much as another watch . Plus I don't know how many years it will last....let's say 5 years minimum? I tend to not use the light with my dw5600e as i want to save battery...but...anyway.

G2900F 1V
    Like: Everything (love the crystal clear display).
    Don't like: the round silver shiny thing inside the bezel...it seems like cheap plastic.

So there you go, I act like a girl haha...so much fuss about it. Maybe you can recommend me another one, or maybe change my point of view about one of them (If the g2300 9V wasnt solar i would go straight for it).

I love classic g-shocks, for that i mean i like the dw5600e, dw6600, dw6900, g2300 and dw9052. Which i believe are all classic, and even were/are used by the military forces (which gives them another taste ).

I'm not into worldwide time, or barometer and stuff i won't ever use. The functions of the dw5600e are fine, but as the g2300/g2900 has more alarms (including the snooze one) make it a better deal for me.

Sorry for being so "clear" haha but every watch of this costs like 150u$s here...so it isn't that inexpensive, otherwise i would buy the 5 of those classics...

Thank you! I Appreciate just the fact you've read this far...
    Last edited by Maikel; March 11th, 2011 at 21:07.

Re: Picking up my SECOND G-shock!

Hi Miguel and welcome

Not into the classics myself but it,s great to hear from people who are enjoying there new found interests with a passion. This whole G shock thing is great and I enjoy this forum very much.

Hope you find and enjoy number 2 soon.

Welcome, Miguel.

I see your problem... You have already identified the models that would suit you, and I understand the reservations you have about those models. The solar problem isn't that great, though. Solar watches don't need to see the sun a great deal - just occasionally, and they will usually stay 'topped up' from bright interior lighting. The rechargeable batteries don't last forever, but I would expect at least 10-15 years, and most of us have probably tired of a watch after that length of time.

Alternatively, you could have two 5600Es.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Of the ones you listed I'd go for the G-2900 - the inner ring is steel not plastic and the "shinyness" is probably less of an issue on the wrist than what it's look like on pictures. I got two watches with a similar style - G-3010 and G-3011:

Here's also a pic of how massive that ring really is (looks nothing like cheap plastic at all when taking a closer look, I think):

The G-2900 is the only current G-Shock with a "10-year battery" (of course there are many other G-Shocks with the same battery - CR2025 - but only the G-2900 is "Casio specified" for having a 10 year battery life span). And it has a really well rounded module with basically all the features you'd ever neeed. It also has some "candies on top" like the "pre-alarm" (the graphic displays start flashing before an alarm goes off - not a very common feature). And the alarms can also be programmed with some text to remind you of stuff (module number is 2548 btw, in case you wanna look up the manual: http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man.../en/qw2548.pdf )

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thank you guys...I'm really sorry for no leaving any replies...but university knows how to do its job lol...

Well i have opened my mind...so yeah i was considering also the Mudman g9000...as it has so multiple features and i'm sure it's going to become the next classic model of this century.

I can get it for the same price as the g2300 9v...so it's a tough decission...tougher than the watches themselves lol.

My worries goes for the mudman as i've read that it has some fog problems in some pieces...something that i didn't read about the g2300 9v...

I'd aprecciate some suggestion betwee these two or a newer one too...i'm open minded now =D ..thanks guys for the replies and the effort you put on reading this...

Be cool, Cheers . Maikel.

i just got my 9052 in the mail today and am loving it. i also plan to modify the things mentioned that you said you do not like about it, don't think it'll be too terribly difficult either.

DW9052 or Mudman
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Since you love the classics, the choice is wide: 6600, 6900, 9052, 9000.

I would start by taking the G-9000 ... others follow suit
    We are G'S! You will be assimilated! Resistance is futile!

Welcome!

Thread Information