Pics of the classic 5600 design, just because.

Thread: Pics of the classic 5600 design, just because.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pics of the classic 5600 design, just because.

This design really does appeal to me nowadays. Way back when, before I became addicted to watches, the 5600 design was just another G-Shock, albeit a utilitarian one at that.

Now that I have become a fan, this has got to be one of the most comfortable on the wrist, easy to read G-Shocks available.

Thanks to all the members who posted threads about the classic 5600 design.

Have a great weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by ultramanpat; November 23rd, 2007 at 11:19.

Re: Pics of the classic 5600 design, just because.

Quote Originally Posted by ultramanpat View Post
    This design really does appeal to me nowadays. Way back when, before I became addicted to watches, the 5600 design was just another G-Shock, albeit a utilitarian one at that.

Now that I have become a fan, this has got to be one of the most comfortable on the wrist, easy to read G-Shocks available.

Thanks to all the members who posted threads about the classic 5600 design.

Have a great weekend.
    Am thinking on one myself... but the overseas solar, inverse ones... still thinking about it though... perhaps I should make a trip down to Bencoolen for a temporary quick fix!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Am thinking on one myself... but the overseas solar, inverse ones... still thinking about it though... perhaps I should make a trip down to Bencoolen for a temporary quick fix!
    The inverse would make a rather nice addition, so far I have ony seen the metallix versions in town, the strap material is of the shiny type, wonder how that would hold up. Very tempted....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool thread ultramanpat.

Although I have a variety of G-Shocks, the DW-5xx0 design always appeals to me.

I can wear one every day without thinking about it.

My more 'exotic' models take a bit more thought on the situations I might find myself in on the day. eg I wouldn't wear my Blue Middle Sea Raysman to a meeting but wouldn't hesitate to wear my GW-5600.

Some more pics :
    Here's my small collection of 'rectangular' classic G-Shocks

http://www.casiovintage.org/casiog1.html

Quote Originally Posted by kpatt View Post
    Cool thread ultramanpat.

Although I have a variety of G-Shocks, the DW-5xx0 design always appeals to me.

I can wear one every day without thinking about it.

My more 'exotic' models take a bit more thought on the situations I might find myself in on the day. eg I wouldn't wear my Blue Middle Sea Raysman to a meeting but wouldn't hesitate to wear my GW-5600.

Some more pics :
    Here's my small collection of 'rectangular' classic G-Shocks

http://www.casiovintage.org/casiog1.html

That's a great collection there Kim, and the info is most helpful for me, as I'm still fairly new to G-Shocks. The DW-5000BL-2JF is really nice, and is a great addition to your collection.

cheers ultramanpat ! It is a nice model but it's a winter watch really. It's very heavy on the wrist compared to the resin band models. In fact, it's probably the heaviest G-Shock I have but that's because it's the only metal band one. Looks great though

Yeah, how come the 5600 is heavier than more modern G-Shocks?

Hi guys!
    I'm sure the DW5600 sure does bring lots of fond memories for alot of us, esp those who have worn them in school, college or even during NS days.
    As for the metallic versions, they look pretty cool 'cept as someone mentioned before the Gothic script on the face seems ill-suited and kinda spoils the look somewhat.
    I already have a vintage DW5600C (with 901 module), picked cheaply from Sungei Rd, and also given a new lease of life with a new bezel but with all the recent post on the classic Gs decided to get myself a DW5600E to whet my appetite!
    I like the look of the reverse displays of the metallics but preferred the plain matt black. After a bit of a search I finally got myself a customized stealthed DW5600E:
    Name:  dw5600e_custom_1.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  56.4 KB
    I'm very happy with it and it's now sitting on my wrist
    Have a great weekend to you'all
    Lee

Don't mess with perfection.

I'll always have fond memories of the DW-5200C-1 I owned in 1984. I am ashamed to say I threw it away, thinking it was not worth anything.

Nice stealthy DW5600, Lee. They really are comfortable to wear

Quote Originally Posted by sllee View Post
    Hi guys!
    I'm sure the DW5600 sure does bring lots of fond memories for alot of us, esp those who have worn them in school, college or even during NS days.
    As for the metallic versions, they look pretty cool 'cept as someone mentioned before the Gothic script on the face seems ill-suited and kinda spoils the look somewhat.
    I already have a vintage DW5600C (with 901 module), picked cheaply from Sungei Rd, and also given a new lease of life with a new bezel but with all the recent post on the classic Gs decided to get myself a DW5600E to whet my appetite!
    I like the look of the reverse displays of the metallics but preferred the plain matt black. After a bit of a search I finally got myself a customized stealthed DW5600E:
    Name:  dw5600e_custom_1.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  56.4 KB
    I'm very happy with it and it's now sitting on my wrist
    Have a great weekend to you'all
    Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information