Pictures of My Old DW6900
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By bama1965

Thread: Pictures of My Old DW6900

Pictures of My Old DW6900

Hello All,

Well, I put a new band on my old trusty DW6900 last night and thought I'd post a few pictures if anyone isinterested.

I've had this watch since ~ 2004 (March will be 8 years I believe). I've changed the battery twice.

Watch has literally been through hell and back – oceans, rivers, hurricanes, tornadoes, wild fires, carwrecks, bar room brawls, etc, etc. But here it is, still working as it should and still water resistant (although I have not ever had it pressure tested). Oh the stories this watch could tell. I'm getting a little sentimental just looking at the scars on it :)

After I replaced the band last night I asked my 16 year old son to wear it around the house to beak it in for me. He looked down at the watch and said “Cool dad, I didn't know you had a G-Shock!” LOL

It doesn't get a lot of wrist time these days due to the Seiko Black Monster sitting in the watch box but I sure do love it. I don't suspect I'll ever get rid of this old girl (even if she dies) – too many memories.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough. Here are a few pictures of the old DW6900 with a new band:

Name:  100_3730.jpg
Views: 3203
Size:  158.7 KB

Name:  100_3736.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  119.3 KB

Name:  100_3742.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  106.7 KB

Thanks,
    Ken

Re: Pictures of My Old DW6900

You definitely look like you have gotten your moneys worth out of her, not to mention I am sure she will last many more years

I bought mine two years ago and it still has a long way to go to have the same look as yours does. Thanks for sharing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Pictures of My Old DW6900

I have a similar DW-6900, which I use since around 2002 for all kinds of work outide or inside the house. I think the strap loop is broken, but I have used some elastic bands to keep the strap in place. I love the "Triple Eyed Devils"!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thanks guys,

G-Shock is by far the most durable watch known to man (or to this man anyway). I guess today "G-Shock" has become more of a fashion statement, but I purchased it 8 years ago for it's historically proven durability and it has never let me down.

It has been a wonderful investment.

Ken

Thread Information