Pininfarina GE-2000 or With This Watch You Are Truly Spoiling Us
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Pininfarina GE-2000 or With This Watch You Are Truly Spoiling Us

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pininfarina GE-2000 or With This Watch You Are Truly Spoiling Us

My latest G-shock arrived in the post yesterday and I got the time this evening to take a few snaps of it. I don't think I've ever been as nervous about catching how good a watch looks in person on a photo before now. Don't get me wrong, some G-Shocks are truly beautiful things but to me, this watch is really in another league when it comes to how it looks. It's nice to buy a limited edition that you can tell has actually been designed from the ground up. This isn't a case of just stick a print on a strap and put it in different tin and box, it's truly a complete package.

Every aspect of this watch screams quality. You look closely at one part of the watch and then your eye just seems to be drawn to something else that you haven't noticed before. Starting with the strap, the cable running through both sides of it gives it a really thick, solid feel. The stitching really makes the strap too; I've always been partial to offset coloured stitching on leather straps for dive watches and it works on this one too. The bezel, whilst being plastic still looks in place and matches the few metal parts really well. The red arrow, highlighting that most of the useful information is in the centre window gives the watch a speedy feel, probably pointing to the design work on cars that Pininfarina are famous for.

The only part of the watch I'm not sold on completely are the turquoise mode and adjust buttons on the left of the bezel. It's testament to the design of the watch though that your eyes are not really drawn to them much, they are there for functionality, not aesthetics like so much else on this watch. The case back is a nice, simple affair. Well spaced engraving make it easy to read, with no text in circles you have to puzzle out (not that we in this forum have any trouble with that).

One thing that I can't capture with photo's is the way the modes change; a scrolling black bar goes along the middle window, the bottom 'eyes' flash and the top window has lines going from top to bottom. Different and well executed, just like this watch overall.

Anyway, that's enough gushing about this watch (I feel I'm lavishing more praise on this than I did on my GWF-1000BS), on with the pics...

Name:  DSC_0270.JPG
Views: 620
Size:  309.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0271.JPG
Views: 612
Size:  287.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0272.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  290.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0273.JPG
Views: 620
Size:  378.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0274.JPG
Views: 593
Size:  407.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0291.JPG
Views: 643
Size:  352.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0293.JPG
Views: 595
Size:  316.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0295.JPG
Views: 582
Size:  328.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0288.JPG
Views: 586
Size:  651.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0298.JPG
Views: 714
Size:  390.2 KB
    Last edited by psweeting; April 19th, 2012 at 22:43.

Re: Pininfarina GE-2000 or With This Watch You Are Truly Spoiling Us

Great pics of a beautiful G!! Now I gotta go clean all the drool out of my keyboard!!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

G-cool indeed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That is so cool!

Go and buy a strap for that one on the bay?? heheh... not my style, but sure a nice watch. Have a great time wearing it!!

Some of the Ferrari designs they have come up with in the past have been stunning - hardly surprising their G Shock colab looks so great! Congratulations on owning such a fine time piece...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

kung-fusion likes this.

Awesome pictures and congrats on a very special pick-up! It looks fantastic, and I think the turquoise buttons look nice.

That watch is gorgeous. Never seen or heard of that module before! Congrats!!!

These sure don't pop up much - very cool G! Congrats on a great find!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information