Please, help: DW-5600C bezel becoming really really scarce

Thread: Please, help: DW-5600C bezel becoming really really scarce

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please, help: DW-5600C bezel becoming really really scarce

Hi, Guys,

Won this beauty in the bay a couple of days ago.

Looks scratched and beaten, but I don't mind too much, since I don't have the money to buy a mint one and hell, that's the kind of abuse G's are suposed to take. I'll think of the scratches as war scars, which my new G's don't have 'cause I treat them too kindly. Lol.

Here's the screwback:

While waiting for it to arrive, I've been looking for a new bezel with white letter and the results have been SCARY. Let's see the resources I've found searching through this forum.

Pacparts : The bezel is in stock and only costs $5, which is great! BUT they don't ship to Spain. I've sent them an e-mail asking, but they won't send it here. : (

Ebay : Only found this one . But the bezel costs 50 dollars!!! Wow! Way too expensive.

Tiktox : No bezel with white letters. Only the one with golden letters. Around $25 shipped. That's my best option for now, but I'd really prefer the one with white letters.

So I am desperately searching for more resources. Keep in mind that I need the bezel to be sent to Spain. Any ideas?

Another question. Does this watch require the original band? Or can I use a DW-5600E band, the one for the resin / 4 screws version?

Thanks in advance,

G.

Re: Please, help: DW-5600C bezel becoming really really scarce

i am not sure were you come from, but i think you can get them directly from casio UK. maybe some uk member knows more to share?
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

I got mine a while back from ebay (from the US I think) cost about 20-25 dollars as I recall. You could always rub a little white paint into the golden letters - would be easier to do with the bezel not on the watch.

The 5600-E band won't fit the 5600-C - the resin case of the E model has narrower lugs.

When you do replace the bezel, take your time and exercise care when getting the screws out. They can can get very stiff in their threads and are quite easy to break. I have a suspicion that a little Loctite may have originally been used on them in the factory. A LITTLE heat from one of those micro-blowtorches on the screwhead can help loosen them up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I guess I'm lucky as I just bought the whole refub kit from tiktox a couple of weeks ago. When I was looking they seemed to have plenty of combos -- bezels, straps, kits, or at least a few of each in stock.

Eric.

I feel your pain.

I would buy the gold bezel and deal with the paint color. You could either leave it, paint it, or stealth it. It's better than wearing it naked.

The problem is that in the years to come, or even sooner, you (we actually) may not have a source at all for these parts other than the collectors on ebay $$$$. The Pac Parts rep indicated on the phone that they were discontinued and no longer available (the website says otherwise). Casio USA has told me conflicting stories about C parts; one rep said they were discontinued, another said they were on backorder, however I managed to order 2 sets of straps and bezels, three gaskets, and four screws (nothing has shipped yet). Casio Sales and service has them but pricing is high.

The C model has a unique bezel and strap so If I were you I'd stock up on whatever is out there, including bezel screws and gaskets if you want to be able to wear or sell the watch, or if you want a more authentic museum piece.

Finding a fellow WUS member to act as proxy and then ship to you from the US or UK shouldn't be an issue in my opinion.

I still wonder if any of these fake G's have usable resin parts on them that will fit real G's (worse case of course).
    Matt

Have you tried emailing Keith at Tiktox? He does seem to be out at the moment, but that doesn't mean he isn't getting any more in.

Casio's website doesn't show a number for parts in Spain; it just gives you a list of authorised repairers. The list is here. Alternatively, the UK parts department number is 020 8208 9567. I found them very helpful, and the prices aren't bad.
    'I never done it'

Check these from the bay in the US.

DW-5600C bezel items - Get great deals on Jewelry Watches items on eBay.com!

From a fellow with roots from Spain send me a PM.

Sorry for not posting before (last weeks have been really busy) and thanx everyone for the help. Finally the white letters bezel and a new strap popped out from an eBay seller called vbeme. They were more expensive than the watch itself, but I wanted them badly and I got them anyway.

We think about old DW-5600C as the perfect machine, but what was Casio thinking when they decided to put Loctite in the screws?! What was the purpose of that? It makes no sense! Now there's hundreds of them crippled because of that BAD and senseless idea.

Mine were pretty hard to remove, but fortunately oil, pliers and lots of patience did the job. Thanx a million for the advice, Mandobear.

However, I am really happy with the watch. Here's some pictures of it fully restored:

That looks great, well done!

Great work, well done!
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information