please help me deciede.....new riseman or geiz

Thread: please help me deciede.....new riseman or geiz

please help me deciede.....new riseman or geiz

hi guys...i cannot deciede on what to get.solar power and gizmo,s vs screwback and gizmo,s. the geiz is battery operated but a classic screwback...the riseman is solar powered but has 4 screws on the backplate

please help

d
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: please help me deciede.....new riseman or geiz

My vote is for the Riseman. I bought one and like it a lot. That MIRB is a little pricey though, as it's a Japan-only limited edition.

The Giez doesn't do much for me. But really it's a matter of personal taste. These have radically different looks. They're both great watches.

i had the mirb riseman (cool color!) and still have the 1200b giez. i feel the riseman is a better all-around representation of "g-shock". kind of like how, if someone asked you for one of "the great" rock albums, you would point to point to back in black even if you'd rather listen to low spark of high heeled boys.

the riseman is a newer watch, adding a band of reception if nothing else. for timing purposes, its digital display is surely better suited than reading little sub dials. i think the strength of the giez is found by g-shock fans who want something dressier, or dressy watch fans that want something tougher.

as far as the sensors on the riseman, the barometer is neat and typically accurate. people fuss over the altimeter, needlessly or not, and you can be sure this watch wouldn't be relied upon for skydiving!

ultimately you may want both, given how different they are from each other. my favorite giez (after the gs1200b-1) is the recent rose gold release.

regards.

"It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They are really different watches...do you know if you even want an analogue or a digital ? There is no real way to compare those two and work out which one is 'better' without knowing your own personal taste - which of course only you yourself can do.

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    low spark of high heeled boys.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I prefer my Riseman, as it's three line display gives you a lot of information at a glance and also displays the current time while you are using the stopwatch. Being one of Casio's latest models you get their newest 6 band atomic feature, and it offers a very unique style. I find it very light, tough, and comfortable on the wrist. While I have nothing against any G' such as the Geiz, I feel the Riseman is uniquely G-Shock in it's appearance and traditional digital readouts.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by dean0070_8, View Post
    the geiz is battery operated ... the riseman is solar powered
    If the read dial of the GS-1001-4 is not a requirement, the GS-1000 and Gs-1100 are solar powered.

Thread Information