Please help me fix the time on my GXW-56

Thread: Please help me fix the time on my GXW-56

Please help me fix the time on my GXW-56

Hey guys, am I missing something simple or is my watch broken?

I am in LAX. I believe we are ON DST. Hawaii is 3 hours behind. When my watch syncs (atomic) my LAX time is fine but my Hawaii time changes so that it's only 2 hours behind.

Everyday I have to manually change it back by going into world time mode and toggling the DST for Hawaii. Please help me fix this!

K42

Re: Please help me fix the time on my GXW-56

Do you have your Home City set to LAX? Do you have Auto DST enabled?

Hawaii doesn't observe DST, so maybe that is why it automatically defaults to Standard time in the World Time mode.
    I could be wrong.

Home city is LAX and DST is auto. No idea why this doesn't work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Is the battery at full charge?

Im wondering if the watch ist reset (and looses the custom Hawaii settings) if the power consuming signal reception is running?

If not:

I dont believe the individual watch is broken, it could be a general software bug.

Edit:
    Is hawaii listed in the manual as one of the time zones able to recieve US signal?
    If yes it will probably switch to DST like LA does if Auto DST is enabled.
    Last edited by d2mac; September 16th, 2010 at 15:05.

Remember that DST has to be set individually for the countries in world time. Your home time DST will update automatically (if Auto DST is enabled) but the others have to be set manually.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Remember that DST has to be set individually for the countries in world time. Your home time DST will update automatically (if Auto DST is enabled) but the others have to be set manually.
    maybe i'm not understanding this then, but it seems kinda of lame to have to turn off DST in world time for hawaii every night after the watch auto syncs atomically. you would think casio would have programmed the watch so that hawaii would never have DST on, as they never follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by reemas View Post
    maybe i'm not understanding this then, but it seems kinda of lame to have to turn off DST in world time for hawaii every night after the watch auto syncs atomically. you would think casio would have programmed the watch so that hawaii would never have DST on, as they never follow it.
    Not every night, just once.

Have a look at the setting for Hawaii and see what it is. If Hawaii doesn't use DST, then I would expect the default setting to be 'off', but maybe it's got changed somehow. The manual should guide you through the steps.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information