WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Please recommend: digital G with multi-lap and other features

583 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  nagpal 
#1 ·
Advance apologies for those who've already seen this in the ABC forum, but I felt I should run this by the G-shock community as well. I'm looking for a digital G with the following must-have features:

1. Home time displayed while STW is running in elapsed time or lap/split mode

2. Multi-lap/split with recall

3. Home and World time visible on the same screen

I've looked at almost every model on Casio USA but can't seem to locate a model with these features. I should point out that I currently own a G-7700 and sorely miss #1. If push comes to shove, I'm willing to forego #3 but the top two are must haves.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the MTG9xx (module 2608/38/88) and the GW700 (module 2818/19). Though both lack a CDT, I think I can approximate it by using the Time Recorder. Have a couple of pointed questions on the 910 so I'll start a separate thread for that as well.

Many thanks,
nagpal

See less See more
#2 ·
The killer requirement here is number 1. Time displayed in chrono mode is not a common feature on most G-Shocks of the moment or recent past.

The other 2 features are delivered by the G-7700, a great watch with 2 lap record memories of 100 laps each, home and dual time together on the timekeeping screen and even 3 timezones displayed together in the World Time mode. It also had dual sequential CDT's and flashing LED alert.

#3 ·
I agree. I've identified a few modules which *partially* offer #1 and they're listed below. However, I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on anything obvious.

2608/38/88
2818/19

But all said, I've not been able to find a single watch (let alone a G) that has lap/split and current time together on the same screen. Even the sports ones don't do it.

#4 ·
Did you look at Timex Ironmans? :-x

Time display in STW is very common on the older modules.
From my memories:
DW-5600E
DW-6900

Recent:
G-8000

I shure forget several... :roll:

I agree. I've identified a few modules which *partially* offer #1 and they're listed below. However, I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on anything obvious.

2608/38/88
2818/19

But all said, I've not been able to find a single watch (let alone a G) that has lap/split and current time together on the same screen. Even the sports ones don't do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.