A point of view...

Thread: A point of view...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A point of view...

Some people think that we collect G-shocks because they're cheap.I mean that they got a snooty attitute in general about plastic watches.Personally i collect Gs but i also got Swiss,German and even French watches.For some reasons i prefer to wear the Gs more often than other brands so here they think that i can't afford an expensive watch 'cause they don't see me wearing one.I think that many people are very show off and they don't catch the different point of view. Next time i'll work on my car wearing a Rolex! Too many morons in the world...Here is a part of my collection (not Gshocks)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wink Re: A point of view...

Hi Delorto,

I think you have a great non-G colection, but I just love G-Shock. I have two Seiko's though, but the G's are the best (and loads of them have arived yesterday and today....

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: A point of view...

Citizen MA

and anton, welcome back

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Anton
    Nice collection of non-G's Delorto. I've owned a few of those in the past myself, namely the Tag 6000 (great watch) and Tag F1 series (one full size black and one midsize blue), and the good old Seamaster (full size with polished steel bezel).

I agree with you that people are too concerned with 'status'. Part of the appeal of G's is that they irritate watch snobs.

I'd also add that peculiar feeling you get deep down knowing you can take your g-shock practically anywhere that a more prestigious watch can't follow. For all the dismissive attitude found among magazines and people, at the end of the day a g-shock will be the more accurate and tougher timepiece. :gold

Locomoco.

wearing the G makes me think I can stop a car one handed, and I love it

Power of G!

Hey, great to see that Anton is back!!!

I'm really tired of hearing about G-Shock vs. the rest of the watch world. The argument is endless and non-productive.

That said, I currently own 14 G-Shocks including 4 Frogs and 2 Raysmen. In addition I own a Fortis B-42 Marinemaster, a O&W Mod. 3077 diver, a IWW customized Seiko diver, a Yao Quad 10, 2 Timex Flix and 2 Timex Perpetual Calendar.

Which is the best watch? You tell me. I wear what I choose each day and I enjoy it. I rotate wearing most of my watches.

My point is, there are no "cheap" watches, merely watches which are less expensive than others. Each watch pleases the wearer according to their whims on that particular day.

G-Shocks are excellent watches, but so are other watches. Please yourself as you see fit and pay what you choose for a watch that you like, not something that someone tells you that you should like.

I apologize if this offends anyone but I'm quite tired of the eternal debate about the quest for "The Best Watch."
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

how do you like the Fortis B-42 Marinemaster? how's the lume?

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    how do you like the Fortis B-42 Marinemaster? how's the lume?
    The B-42 Marinemaster has an INCREDIBLE bright blue lume on the indices and hands. It is very bright, even after 8 hours in the dark.

Frankly, the Fortis B-42 Marinemaster is an exceptional value in a watch for a very conservative price.

Thanks for asking!
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan
    My point is, there are no "cheap" watches, merely watches which are less expensive than others. Each watch pleases the wearer according to their whims on that particular day.
    Bravo :clap:

Meantime, it's been quite a while since I've been wearing my G-Shocks in the last 2 months and I think I should go give my auto-winding mechanical watches a good shake to keep them going :-D

Tough Solar ROCKS :gold
    Last edited by wongster; March 9th, 2006 at 05:08.

cheap watches = the watches that my uncle sells in China...

So this is how it goes, my uncle... we'll call him uncle wang

well, Uncle Wang is from China, and many time he will get a visa to go down to Hong Kong... now here comes the biggy question! what does he do there?! well he simply buy a few newest model of casio and other watches, and he will take it back to his factory. Why does he take it to the factory?! Well he would open the watch, and studies it... then he will copy everything... well not to perfection, he uses much cheaper parts. After he's done duplicating, he will present the watch to the guy that operates this huge machine... I've seem the machine but dunno what it's call, and they will mass produce this replica.

So I guess you can call those cheap watches... btw after copying a 200Meter casio g-shock, since the parts aren't as good and the machine are quite crappy, the replica is actually only 30 meter.

I guess many of you will critize Uncle Wang since he violated copyrights... but that's the way they make a living. My uncle wang doesn't get rich by doing this, he just gets by...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information