Polygon GW-056E: how readable it is?

Thread: Polygon GW-056E: how readable it is?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polygon GW-056E: how readable it is?

Hi! My first post here! :)
    I just found this forum searching for info about Casio watches, and started to read threads after threads and searching a bit. A very nice resource indeed!

I was in search of a radio controlled watch, and also one I haven't to worry about breaking. Most G-Shocks are a bit on the "too big" scale for my taste, but then found about the so called Polygon, the thinnest of the G series, and it seems very very nice.

What worry me a bit is the readability: not even mention the reverse model, but the positive one too leave me some doubt. I have the chance to seeing it "in person" just for a few seconds, and I haven't had to time to make up my mind about it. I had a trusty old Casio F-105 with me usually, and that just seems much more readable (maybe it have to do with the number of segments that forms the numbers).

So I was searching for some first hands opinion on it, by some others persons that have one.
    Other info about the general feel of it, pro & cons are very welcomed too.

Many thanks,
    Bye!

Re: Polygon GW-056E: how readable it is?

The readability of the GW-056E was much better than I anticipated. And I like it a lot.

Here is mine.

However, the readability I find much better on this one. GW-5500-1JF

I hope these pictures help.

Asfalloth
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M
    Breitling Superocean II
    Citizen Promaster Carbon JY0075-54E
    Seiko Automatic Chronograph 6138-8020 'Panda'
    Oris BC4 Small Second, Pointer Date

I have the non atomic/solar G056 polygon with negative display. It's arranged a bit differently but otherwise similar, with the numbers being made up of lines. The negative display on these is awful IMO. It looks pretty cool in the right light, but rarely seems to be in the right light. I'd definitely go for the normal display with this type.

PS. Is negative display the same as reverse display? I've always assumed it means the same thing, but that just got me wondering.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    PS. Is negative display the same as reverse display? I've always assumed it means the same thing, but that just got me wondering.
    yes it means the same, though "negative display" is maybe a more accurate term - technically spoken.

regards, holger

Personally, I think the 'venetian blind' numerals are a bit of an aberration on Casio's part. Good to see them experimenting, but I don't think this one works (as Asfalloth's pictures demonstrate very well).
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

This is the display on my G056 poly. The photo is slightly blurred, but this actually makes the numbers look more solid and clear than they actually do.

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

my take on this ( <-- click on the link )

p.s. i found the numbers big and easy to read. i think it does differ from person to person

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    p.s. i found the numbers big and easy to read. i think it does differ from person to person
    Yes, that may well be true.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks all for the info and the other thread's link!

Bye!

Just got the watch today (I bought it from a German eBay seller - much better prices than here in Italy and the service and the watch was absolutely perfect).

I have to say that all the doubts that I had have vanished: I find the digits very easy to read, and I actually like the stripes effect. The design also is very pleasing. In reality it make a very different impression than in the photos.

Bye!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information