Polygon Series, any good?

Thread: Polygon Series, any good?

Polygon Series, any good?

I haven't seen much coverage of the polygon g-shocks here, what's the reckoning on them? Does anyone have any real life pictures? It is hard to tell what the finish is like from the catalog shots.

Luke

Re: Polygon Series, any good?

try this and this

Don't like the look or style of them myself.

Watches are frickin evil!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm a fan. I had a GW-056J right when it came out and sold it because I thought it was too extravagant...I've lightened up a little bit now and just bought a reconditioned GW-056A on ebay for about $40 shipped. It's a very legible and wearable watch, and I for one am into the sort of futuro-retro look. The main appeal for me, though, is thin + tough, which it has. It really does act thinner than even the DW-5600E.

edit: fwiw, the module is not superb. It's ok, but no time in stopwatch/cdt modes, no cdt repeat, can't see date and day of week simultaneously in timekeeping mode, short cdt and stopwatch. could use another button, too. but i will be using it mostly for timekeeping, brief stopwatching, and 2-minute tea timing, so it's fine for me, as long as i can remember what day of the week it is.
    Last edited by pinespree; September 19th, 2007 at 06:20.

Ah thanks for the links, should have trawled further.

Something not covered in those:
    I'm looking at the ones with the two-tone strap, I can't see how the strap in constructed. Can anyone who has one tell me whether the construction looks robust, i.e. is there any chance of the inset coloured section on the top splitting away from the back over time?

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_A_P View Post
    is there any chance of the inset coloured section on the top splitting away from the back over time?
    I've got one in my hand now, and I can't really tell from looking if that will ever happen, but it's well and truly stuck down and I wouldn't worry about it. It appears well enough made to not come apart until a normal strap would start to wear out.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    I've got one in my hand now, and I can't really tell from looking if that will ever happen, but it's well and truly stuck down and I wouldn't worry about it. It appears well enough made to not come apart until a normal strap would start to wear out.
    Well, I've got a blue one on the way now, I'll let you know how I get on ;)

I just like the retro-future styling, it looks like something out of 2001: A Space Odessy. A white one would probably be cool.

Luke

They do look cool and retro-futuristic ( <--- ). As has been said, it lacks a few popular features, but I think it makes up for that by having the referee timer features. The G-056 does have time in CDT mode.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Thread Information