Polywatch scratch remover

Thread: Polywatch scratch remover

Polywatch scratch remover

Anyone ever use this stuff for removing scratches on their G shock crystals? Just curious for some input. I have a couple of G shocks with some scratches and did not have much luck with the toothpaste trick so was considering trying this. They sell it on Amazon.

Re: Polywatch scratch remover

Typically Polywatch is used on plastic crystals. Unless the scratch is VERY minor, I dont think you will have much luck.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

It works great on plastic/plexi crystals if the scratches are not too deep. But if your watch has a mineral crystal, forget it.
    I use it on my Speedmaster with a microfiber cloth (1-2 times a year, depends on how often I wear it). It takes time to remove the deepest scratches, but it makes the crystal looks like new.
    Last edited by SupaPictave; September 7th, 2012 at 15:52.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I have one g shock with a deeper scratch so kind of figured it would not help there, but another one has very surface like scratches, so was hoping it might work on that.

Any other recommendations?

For buffing out minor scratches I like Barkeeper's Friend. its available at places like walmart for less than 2 dollars/can. It is a very fine powder polish. You mix it with water and use a soft cotton cloth to buff out scratches.

It works VERY well on plastic crystals. I buff out my beater 3 or 4 times now. It works marginally well on mineral crystals. I nearly buffed out a very deep scratch before ultimately deciding to send it to casio for a repair/replacement. I haven't tried it on sapphire. I will tell you this: polishing does NOT equal making the crystal like new. It only helps reduce the appearance of those scratches.

Thread Information