Poor Customer support from Casio regarding my new watch
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Poor Customer support from Casio regarding my new watch

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Poor Customer support from Casio regarding my new watch

Initially i was impressed that casio CS emailed me back within a few hours the same day, and hoped this and other simple questions would be resolved quickly so i could post about my new watch after not buying any the past 13 years.

Now I just feel jerked around and want to join the most popular gshock forum and post about how bad their CS is.

Email contact: only replied once and has since ignored for 4 business days
    Phone contact: called both support lines about to be 6th call today, no one gave any answers and ended with a 1 hour call to 'advanced support' 40 minutes hold time, 20 minute conversation that ends with 'restart the app and i will call you back 5 minutes'
    Guess i fell for the oldest CS 'get off the phone' trick in the book because he never called back despite my phone # already being in the system and giving it to him again before we hung up.

1000$ dollar watch, guess i was expecting too much by thinking casio would know how it works 0_0

Its funny, usually i'm annoyed US companies farm out CS to foreign companies who do nothing more than regurgitate printed user manuals and now its a foreign company that has USA support that can only regurgitate printed user manuals.
    If you're interested my questions were to determine if my new watch is functioning properly.

1: no one has any idea so far how the battery level indicator on the watch corresponds to the level displayed in the phone app (initially seemed way off 2/5 vs 3/4)
    2. no one answered if my b-1000 "auto illumination" is broken or if i was just mislead by text on the website before buying
    3. would they cover all shipping if defective since they are carrying this past the origional stores return window.

5 hrs - 0 answers

Re: Poor Customer support from Casio regarding my new watch

Dont have experience with casio cust support but my guess is, any problem/s you have with the watch you have, you will mostly find an answer here. So ask away... good luck!

Damn, sorry to hear you’re having these troubles. If you still have the option of returning it to the retailer, I would just do that. This kind of hassle exactly that I *don’t* expect from a Casio.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kcohS-G View Post
    Dont have experience with casio cust support but my guess is, any problem/s you have with the watch you have, you will mostly find an answer here. So ask away... good luck!
    Posted question about battery lvl indicator, been about a week no one knows that replied.
    I thought there would be 100'000's if not millions of similar watches with the solar charge / app features and this would be a simple question but .....

Quote Originally Posted by zack20cb View Post
    Damn, sorry to hear you’re having these troubles. If you still have the option of returning it to the retailer, I would just do that. This kind of hassle exactly that I *don’t* expect from a Casio.
    Only problem is i'm not sure if its a problem so returning would just be waiting 2 weeks to see if the next is exactly the same.
    Dxnnis likes this.

Inexcusable yes, which seems to be the norm when dealing with big operations like Casio-bad CS still bites regardless, especially when it concerns an expensive timepiece like yours. I've used this forum to good effect to obtain answers by using search function exhaustively and asking when I could not find the answer.
    Dxnnis likes this.

Did you try their technical support people? I think those are the ones who are supposed to know how the watches work. But, they may not necessarily know 100% of the details about some of the newer models.

TBH you're better off asking your questions to this forum FIRST. Then if we can't answer them, go to Casio.
    Dxnnis likes this.
    Casio G-shock
    MRG-G1000B-1ADR, MTG-B1000TF-1AJR, GWR-B1000X-1A, GMW-B5000TFC-1, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-9, GMW-B5000G-1, GWF-D1000MB-3JF, GPR-B1000-1, GPR-B1000-1B, GWG-1000-1A, GW-9400-1, GW-9400DCJ-1, GW-9400BTJ-8, GW-9401KJ-3JR, GW-5000-1JF, GW-B5600FB-4JR, GW-B5600HR-1, GXW-56BB-1JF, GW-3000M-4A, DW-5035D-1B, DW-5600BB (x2), DW-5600E (x2), DW-5600EG-9V, DW-5600CL-1, GW-M5610TR-7JF, DW-5600MS, GLS-5600CL-1, GLS-5600CL-3, DW-6930, GA-100MM-8A, G100BB-1A, GLS-6900-9JF, G-8900SC, GD-350-1B, GD-400-9CS, DW-6900MS, GD-120CM-4, GD-X6900CM-5, GLS-8900CM-2, GW-002KA.
    Casio Protrek/Pathfinder
    PAG-240B-2, PRW-2500R-1, PRW-3100FC-1JF, PRX-8000T-7AJF.
    Casio AE-1200 (x2)
    Casio W217H-1A
    MDV106-1A
    MTD1080-7A

CC

OP did ask the question...
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/mt...e-4976933.html

I think you're worrying about nothing, I don't even bother with the app. anymore.

As long as it's still ticking wear it and enjoy.

Use and trust the indicator on the watch and wear in good health. Not worth this stress. It's a great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Did you try their technical support people? I think those are the ones who are supposed to know how the watches work. But, they may not necessarily know 100% of the details about some of the newer models.

TBH you're better off asking your questions to this forum FIRST. Then if we can't answer them, go to Casio.
    Yes, did all that: casio phone regular, advanced support, email, posted here with exact question in thread title :)

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    OP did ask the question...
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/mt...e-4976933.html

I think you're worrying about nothing, I don't even bother with the app. anymore.

As long as it's still ticking wear it and enjoy.
    Possibly, but when i spend this much on something brand new i want my piece to be working as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by andyahs View Post
    Use and trust the indicator on the watch and wear in good health. Not worth this stress. It's a great watch.
    Thanks! At least i'm getting some feedback now. Funny someone posted in my original thread 'watch vs app knew which one they would trust' but never said which :)
    There's still the 'auto light' not functioning / misleading website question

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information