Poor Mans Ruby Frogman - Page 3
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Poor Mans Ruby Frogman

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Poor Mans Ruby Frogman

i don't think disco is trying to pass his creation for a legitimate T1000BS, the T1000BS has red words for the "diver's 200m" and has a red lcd for the eye "red eye".........plus the crystal on the navy frog has yellow words which the T1000BS does not. the bezel "fake" rubies can be bought from pac parts or ebay as well as the BS bezel and straps, disco also did not get the T1000 original straps, they say "titanium case" on them.

Disco loves modding all of his G's, always has, this is just another one of his projects, that's why he called it a poor man's ruby frogman

besides, if he really would have wanted to fool anyone he would have started with a regular 1000BS not a 1000NV
    Last edited by Vade_R; May 3rd, 2014 at 22:17.
    mrbronson, Sengyoku, idkfa and 4 others like this.

Tell you what I think: you've made yourself a unique watch that pleases you and there may not be another one on the planet exactly the same as it. Good job!
    Vade_R, Chrisek, etejut and 2 others like this.

Thought I saw some sparks fly in this thread!

Tom is representing the purists here I think, and the ruby frog still belongs to a class of frogs that only (up to) 833 of us G-shockaholics in the world can have the privilege of experiencing. Best way i can describe it is it packs something extra special under the bonnet lol :)

But anyway, good job Dave, no harm done in playing a bit of dress up with frogs I say, and you certainly know how to have fun with dress ups :)

For the sake of reference, here's what the "shin" ruby frog looks like - with some previously 'unreleased' pics from me :)

Good job on painting the letters on the case, what kind of paint do you use BTW? Just wondering if it's something different as it's on a DLC surface rather than a resin bezel...

From a distance, I think it would be very hard to tell it from a real one! The rubies are certainly the defining feature of the T1000BS... Having said that though, if you modded a regular BS with rubies it would look practically identical! I think most would have trouble telling that apart without knowing about the caseback!

The only thing I find sticks out is the yellow lettering on the glass, which doesn't get echoed anywhere else on the frog (same case as with the regular NV frog when I first saw it) but perhaps with some *yellow* resin it might work well...? Idea for another mod maybe heh... :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sengyoku View Post
    Thought I saw some sparks fly in this thread!

Tom is representing the purists here I think, and the ruby frog still belongs to a class of frogs that only (up to) 833 of us G-shockaholics in the world can have the privilege of experiencing. Best way i can describe it is it packs something extra special under the bonnet lol :)

But anyway, good job Dave, no harm done in playing a bit of dress up with frogs I say, and you certainly know how to have fun with dress ups :)

For the sake of reference, here's what the "shin" ruby frog looks like - with some previously 'unreleased' pics from me :)

Good job on painting the letters on the case, what kind of paint do you use BTW? Just wondering if it's something different as it's on a DLC surface rather than a resin bezel...

From a distance, I think it would be very hard to tell it from a real one! The rubies are certainly the defining feature of the T1000BS... Having said that though, if you modded a regular BS with rubies it would look practically identical! I think most would have trouble telling that apart without knowing about the caseback!

The only thing I find sticks out is the yellow lettering on the glass, which doesn't get echoed anywhere else on the frog (same case as with the regular NV frog when I first saw it) but perhaps with some *yellow* resin it might work well...? Idea for another mod maybe heh... :)
    That's an amazing Ruby you have there! I'd love to find one to buy! I understand what you're saying about the Purists. This is just a modded frog and is definitely not the real deal Ruby. That caseback is amazing! I thought about ordering one from Pacparts but it's like 350 bucks! Just for the caseback.

I used the same type of paint on the case as I normally use. Same method just easier. Testors acrylic enamel.
    Sengyoku and Vade_R like this.

Wait a minute, so you mean to tell me they are still making this watch? I thought there were only 200 released as a Baselworld special? Why are there 833 of them made now? Is this like the Mastermind and the Man Box where they re-released it?

Nice work. No hate just appreciating it. As for those who are against it. You're just doing things your way. You're not out to fool anyone by selling as an authentic or original. No harm or foul. If you were later. Then that's a mother story. You seem to enjoy modding. People do that with restoring older cars and claim all original factory parts, later to find out a lot of parts were aftermarket or of inferior quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    Wait a minute, so you mean to tell me they are still making this watch? I thought there were only 200 released as a Baselworld special? Why are there 833 of them made now? Is this like the Mastermind and the Man Box where they re-released it?
    I just meant the ruby frog is a titanium 1000 series frog... so that would only be one of 200 ruby frogs, 300 rising reds and 333 lightning yellows released :)

The DLC coated titanium is pretty nice (and very exclusive!) just like on your T5030 :)
    Last edited by Sengyoku; May 4th, 2014 at 11:30.

another great mod dave gems arent my thing but you achieved the look YOU wanted and you did it well.

just be grateful you didnt created a WRUW thread with that in it, youd never hear the end of it! lol
    Vade_R likes this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Got the ruby band today.

Chrisek and Jackal211 like this.

nice Disco, but i hope Tom doesn't see this... LoL

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information