Poor Mans Ruby Frogman - Page 4
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Poor Mans Ruby Frogman

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Poor Mans Ruby Frogman

I'm all for your mods, Disco, they're fantastic, but I have to ask why would you want a band that says "titanium case" when the watch is made of steel? I have mixed and matched bands before, but one thing that always bugged me was if it said something that wasn't correct, like "multiband 6" when it was really "multiband 5". That doesn't bother you at all? If not, feel free to mod however you like. But at this rate, why not just save up and buy the remaining ruby frog case parts and dial and make your own ruby frog that is identical to the real thing? All the parts are available. The case and caseback are really expensive, but you are so close. Just getting those and the correct LCD and dial, and you would have a ruby frog just like the real ones (except no batch number on the caseback)

Quote Originally Posted by Vade_R View Post
    nice Disco, but i hope Tom doesn't see this... LoL
    ahahaaha!
    cries of "sacrilege!!" and "fake!!! do not buy from this seller!! F minus minus minus! reported!!!" shall ring through out the land lol

try not to get too many paper cuts from all the red cards that are going to be thrown your way dave! lol
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Poor Mans Ruby Frogman

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    ahahaaha!
    cries of "sacrilege!!" and "fake!!! do not buy from this seller!! F minus minus minus! reported!!!" shall ring through out the land lol

try not to get too many paper cuts from all the red cards that are going to be thrown your way dave! lol
    Ha ha. Nothing fake on this watch. All genuine casio parts.

And I won't be ordering the caseback. It's around 300 dollars. Way too much for a piece that won't be seen much.

Last edited by discodave; May 15th, 2014 at 04:31.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Poor Mans Ruby Frogman

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    If you ever do decide to get the caseback, be sure to get the case too. Because you don't want screw a titanium caseback on a steel case (possible galvanic corrosion). And the only reasons to get the case/caseback are for light weight, rust resistance, and bragging rights. So yeah, probably not worth spending $1000 on the case and caseback unless you are really hardcore about having a ruby frog.
    Yeah I'm on the fence. If I could find a complete one at a decent price id buy it. Saw one in a forum the other day for $3500 so it would be cheaper to build myself.

Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    Ha ha. Nothing fake on this watch. All genuine casio parts.

And I won't be ordering the caseback. It's around 300 dollars. Way too much for a piece that won't be seen much.

If you ever do decide to get the caseback, be sure to get the case too. Because you don't want screw a titanium caseback on a steel case (possible galvanic corrosion). And the only reasons to get the case/caseback are for light weight, rust resistance, and bragging rights. So yeah, probably not worth spending $1000 on the case and caseback unless you are really hardcore about having a ruby frog.

Great job, Dave. I personally prefer the BS w/out the rubies, but it definitely sets it apart. I see nothing wrong with what you're doing and don't know why a single person on here would. Mod to build what you want, to your taste. That's the beauty of Gs and the interchangeable parts. Just as long as it's not being later sold as something it's not, where's the problem? Keep up the good work. I love guys who aren't afraid to mod their Gs and build what they like!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    Great job, Dave. I personally prefer the BS w/out the rubies, but it definitely sets it apart. I see nothing wrong with what you're doing and don't know why a single person on here would. Mod to build what you want, to your taste. That's the beauty of Gs and the interchangeable parts. Just as long as it's not being later sold as something it's not, where's the problem? Keep up the good work. I love guys who aren't afraid to mod their Gs and build what they like!
    Well said, I also see no harm with modding your watch! It looks great at a fraction of the cost! Although the T10X0 titanium cased G's are super sweet!!

Ha! I'm waiting on the final parts to come in to make a version of this. Pics to follow...

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Ha! I'm waiting on the final parts to come in to make a version of this. Pics to follow...
    well? well??? remember - pics or it didnt happen!

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    well? well??? remember - pics or it didnt happen!
    Are you also going to make one yourself, now that you got serious in modding, semi-professional level?
    gripmaster likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information