Poor Mans Ruby Frogman - Page 5
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Poor Mans Ruby Frogman

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Poor Mans Ruby Frogman

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    Are you also going to make one yourself, now that you got serious in modding, semi-professional level?
    HAHA how did I miss this very relevant suggestion?
    Yes, you're right I have improved my modification skills greatly...
    Let me see... Discodave, any tips on this project? Otherwise I will just head to some southafrican mines for those ruby thingys...

GM then you could wear it for a mountain trip or a muddy mountain bike ride would be nice to see a Ruby replica or real other than Sengyoku on a wrist out and about for a stroll seeing real light breathing real air.....sorry getting carried away....lol

Sent from my...
    gripmaster and Sengyoku like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonal View Post
    GM then you could wear it for a mountain trip or a muddy mountain bike ride would be nice to see a Ruby replica or real other than Sengyoku on a wrist out and about for a stroll seeing real light breathing real air.....sorry getting carried away....lol

Sent from my...
    OK, deal! when you have yours, which I am sure you will, anytime soon, we meet up half way, so - Belgium, and go for that muddy bike ride. OK I will say let's meet at Nürbrugring, so we can also do some car racing on the track.... Your turn to cross the channel this time. and maybe accidentally we swap Ruby watches and I leave with the titanium version while you can keep my extremely cool and robust replica. I love it when a plan comes together!

Name:  Bildschirmfoto-2014-12-13-um-07.32.54.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  138.2 KB

Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2014-12-13 um 07.33.16.png
Views: 154
Size:  277.9 KB
    Sengyoku and Simonal like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2014-12-13 um 07.33.16.png
Views: 154
Size:  277.9 KB

Let me know when you'll hit the track, Piowa and me could join you with Volvos Those bimmers might need some help

Sengyoku, gripmaster and Simonal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post

Let me know when you'll hit the track, Piowa and me could join you with Volvos Those bimmers might need some help

HEHE excellent idea! but I doubt your flying Volvos will be able to even hear the exhaust sound of MY car!
    And those german streetcars even less, a japanese product will be my weapon of choice for the f17 track day!

Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2014-12-15 um 09.33.05.png
Views: 95
Size:  178.9 KB
    Crater and Simonal like this.

I really like ruby frogman but cant afford one, too expensive. I like red letters the most

Name:  rubyy.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  52.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jabber786 View Post
    I really like ruby frogman but cant afford one, too expensive. I like red letters the most

Name:  rubyy.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  52.3 KB
    haha I am not sure the red letters are what make this watch so expensive... but if you want one, build your own! like discodave did, scroll down!
    you will not have the "real thing", but it wiill be damn close and not cost you the price of a small car.... and it will be more likely to be worn and not a shelf queen
    thats constantly charged on "M" and never gets to see the world. it's the saddest thing for great watches to be "protected" from use out of fear of dust and scratches.
    Simonal, Sengyoku and starscream like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    haha I am not sure the red letters are what make this watch so expensive... but if you want one, build your own! like discodave did, scroll down!
    you will not have the "real thing", but it wiill be damn close and not cost you the price of a small car.... and it will be more likely to be worn and not a shelf queen
    thats constantly charged on "M" and never gets to see the world. it's the saddest thing for great watches to be "protected" from use out of fear of dust and scratches.
    Totally agree shelf/non-worn watches need to be sold to people who will wear them. Such a sad life for a watch never atomic synched, even when you live in an area where you can atomic synch, never seen on the wrist for fear of wearing it out, never beyond medium power as they are never exposed to light.....and all the while gently deteriorating as is the fact with all resins....

Sent from my...
    gripmaster and Sengyoku like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonal View Post
    Totally agree shelf/non-worn watches need to be sold to people who will wear them. Such a sad life for a watch never atomic synched, even when you live in an area where you can atomic synch, never seen on the wrist for fear of wearing it out, never beyond medium power as they are never exposed to light.....and all the while gently deteriorating as is the fact with all resins....

Sent from my...
    True words. So let's agree that for f17 Track Day, we both wear our LY Ti Frogs. It's the watch that first got us in contact and also still one of the most awesome Frogs I have seen.
    Unless we both get this strange composition that is the Ruby thingy, wether we buy it for the price of a small car or build a poorman's version of it. Then we wear that.
    Or Crater can have mine for the day if he wants. I know it will be taken good care of, his Volvo has close to 200000km I think. Piowa of course will be wearing a King.
    Have we agreed how many laps we'll do?

Anyone want to help this poor man realise his dreams too??

Missing a piece of the puzzle..
    jabber786, gripmaster and Yto1312 like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information