Is it possible to accidentaly fry a digital casio when replacing the battery?

Thread: Is it possible to accidentaly fry a digital casio when replacing the battery?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    oms

Is it possible to accidentaly fry a digital casio when replacing the battery?

So I took my DW 8400 today for a battery change since it was getting a bit weak. After the fresh battery was installed the watch didn't want to work. I read the how to change a battery on a G-shock sticky and was wondering if it only needs a reset ( going back to the shop tomorrow and will have them do it just in case). I was under the impression though that by just changing the battery the watch should start up again or am I wrong? I hope my watch didn't get fried as I really like it and finances are a bit tight at the moment for a replacement.

Re: Is it possible to accidentaly fry a digital casio when replacing the battery?

most of the time, a AC (All Clear) is neccessary to probably start up the G after a battery change.

you can give it a try to see if that will help

oms

Re: Is it possible to accidentaly fry a digital casio when replacing the battery?

Thanks, Will go back tomorrow and try it out. Hopefully all will be good afterwards. Since this watch tends to use a battery every year it's probably time to start saving up for a solar powered new watch. I prob will have to switch to a non -G shock analogue watch to be more acceptable to wear for work but I will miss the toughness of the G-shock (Mine actually is not in good shape and I haven't been overly aggressive or anything) and some features of the digital world.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

analog watch?

unless you need a dressy watch

how about a atomic solar G-Shock with analog hands

oms

Probably need a dressy watch actually. I was doing a practice interview once and it was pointed out to me how big/ugly my watch was (was in a suit at the time) and I shouldn't wear it when meeting people. I personally just love G-shock watches but need to do research on toughness and features of more dressy watches. I am sure casio or someone else has thought of people in my position and designed something for them. I haven't seen it in person but that Casio Giez looks good in my opinion.

i am still deciding whether to sent one of my g shock to get a replacement battery since it has stop working. The problem of having too many watches are that you cant wear all of them. lolx

Try the Casio Oceanus lineup

oms

Quote Originally Posted by Lohrene View Post
    i am still deciding whether to sent one of my g shock to get a replacement battery since it has stop working. The problem of having too many watches are that you cant wear all of them. lolx
    Luckily ( or unlikily) for me I have only 1 watch which I wear all the time so I tend to be watch dependant. My hand feels so naked without it and its only been a couple of hours....

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    Try the Casio Oceanus lineup
    You know what? I think that might just be perfect for me, I was thinking of looking at citizens or seiko's for the more classical look but I really like that linup. Now to see if it comes with EL lighting as well

Quote Originally Posted by oms View Post
    Now to see if it comes with EL lighting as well

maybe you can try this Citizen Skyhawk (good lume, radio control (atomic), LED on the LCD section, etc)
    Last edited by stockae92; June 17th, 2008 at 01:31. Reason: correct myself

oms

Hmm... On Oceanus website they listed LED lightning but I guess it's only on newer models then. Looking at the prices of these watches I might need to save for a while before I can afford one but they are sooo nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information