Is it possible to add a glossy finish to a black matte resin band/bezel?

Thread: Is it possible to add a glossy finish to a black matte resin band/bezel?

Is it possible to add a glossy finish to a black matte resin band/bezel?

I know it's possible to dye in a new color but is it possible to add a glossy finish? I tried googling it and found no answer.

Re: Is it possible to add a glossy finish to a black matte resin band/bezel?

It might be theoretically possible, but I'm pretty sure it would not be a practical thing to attempt.

You should probably just order the resin parts from a compatible model that does have the glossy look you want. Then you have some spare parts too, and there's no risk.

Paint will, due to the flexible material, not stick on the resin parts. AFAIK the glossy finish is a top coat of coloured resin/plastic which is adhered while the bezel is formed and so the glossy stuff is kind of 2molten on" the resin. I guess you will not be able to reproduce a durable, glossy finish with diy tools - if, please advise on how as i guess some of the modders would love to hear about it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info!

I'm slightly thinking about attempting a dye job on my DW5600E's band just for the heck of it - I have so many Gs now that this would make a nice project watch. I'm guessing the glossy idea is out but I may still go for a color change :). I suppose I can always buy another bezel/band of things go horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wmt029 View Post
    I'm slightly thinking about attempting a dye job on my DW5600E's band just for the heck of it - I have so many Gs now that this would make a nice project watch. I'm guessing the glossy idea is out but I may still go for a color change :).
    You can only dye from light to dark, so there's not really another colour you could arrive at...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    You can only dye from light to dark, so there's not really another colour you could arrive at...
    Yea I figured that out later when I was looking at a dying tutorial :). I'm a bit new at this stuff. I may look for a white or light jelly band/bezel as they seem to be the best for coloring.

Thread Information