Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

Thread: Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    9

    Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

    Hi,

    Is it normal that the batterystatus changes from M to low every 2 weeks.

    thx

  2. #2
    Member JERSTERCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    French Valley CA
    Posts
    7,032

    Re: Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

    Not enough info to answer. What kind of light have you exposed it to. If its been in bright sunlight for 4 hours a day is should have been fully charged before now.


    Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

  3. #3
    Member MRG-1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,057

    Re: Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

    Quote Originally Posted by kimone66 View Post
    Is it normal that the batterystatus changes from M to low every 2 weeks.
    Depends on how you use it. If you combine Auto EL with little exposure to bright light it would not seem unlikely.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    9

    Re: Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

    Quote Originally Posted by MRG-1000 View Post
    Depends on how you use it. If you combine Auto EL with little exposure to bright light it would not seem unlikely.
    I use Auto EL and expose it always to sun/day light through a window.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    657

    Re: Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

    Quote Originally Posted by kimone66 View Post
    Hi,

    Is it normal that the batterystatus changes from M to low every 2 weeks.

    thx
    Do you use the alarm and light frequently?

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    9

    Re: Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Do you use the alarm and light frequently?
    Every day alarm and frequently the light.I wear it at night and when I change my position the light always turns on.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    550

    Re: Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

    Quote Originally Posted by kimone66 View Post
    Every day alarm and frequently the light.I wear it at night and when I change my position the light always turns on.
    I'd recommend turning off Auto EL. See if you can get the watch to H; that'll give you assurance that everything's okay.

    Then you can go back to heavy battery usage activity if you want.

    If you are a restless sleeper, your arm movement may be doing a number on the charge level.

    I was wearing a G with Auto EL on and went dancing once...the watch barely survived...[it went from H to L]....me too

    Cheers
    /Forrest

  9. #8
    Member MRG-1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,057

    Re: Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

    Quote Originally Posted by kimone66 View Post
    I use Auto EL and expose it always to sun/day light through a window.
    You need to keep in mind that daily operation of the watch alone requires 5 minutes of direct sunlight or 24 minutes of sunlight through a window as per the charging information in the manual. Typical daily use includes a single EL operation.

    Wearing the watch during sleep with Auto EL enabled is a very bad idea as it will almost surely drain the battery quickly (unless you keep the watch outdoors in direct sunlight for extended durations on a daily basis).

    The manual hints about this in a brief note at the end of the "Specifications" section: "Frequent use of illumination runs down the battery. Particular care is required when using the auto light switch."

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    9

    Re: Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

    Ok I will try to get battery status on H as it was when I received the watch.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    657

    Re: Possible solarproblem GW-7900b

    Quote Originally Posted by frhoads View Post
    I'd recommend turning off Auto EL. See if you can get the watch to H; that'll give you assurance that everything's okay.

    Then you can go back to heavy battery usage activity if you want.

    If you are a restless sleeper, your arm movement may be doing a number on the charge level.

    I was wearing a G with Auto EL on and went dancing once...the watch barely survived...[it went from H to L]....me too

    Cheers
    You went dancing with Auto-EL on??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •