Possibly/probably really dumb question- composite band removal from gw-m5600bc

Thread: Possibly/probably really dumb question- composite band removal from gw-m5600bc

Possibly/probably really dumb question- composite band removal from gw-m5600bc

I know this is probably dead simple, but how to I remove the bracelet from my gw-m5600bc? Do I have to unscrew the four screws that seem to attach the bezel? Or are there spring pins that I'm not seeing?

I tried searching, but this must be so easy I'm the only one who can't figure it out.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Possibly/probably really dumb question- composite band removal from gw-m5600bc

no need to remove the bezel screws, it uses springbars. they're located where they should be on any other watch. unless you're quite dexterous with a precision screwdriver, you'll need a dedicated tool to remove it.

Re: Possibly/probably really dumb question- composite band removal from gw-m5600bc

thanks for the reply...where are the bars I need to remove? on the underside of the watch? is there a how-to somewhere? clearly, i know pretty much nothing about watches, lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

underside of the watch. the bars are where the bracelet meets the watch head. they act like that thing used to hang your roll of toilet paper to the bracket

edit: ok, i hope whoever this picture this belongs to can forgive me, but I don't have this watch and even if I did, my camera is less than up to the task. See that shiny bit of metal just above the guy's thumb? that's the spring bar. it works like that spring bar for your toilet paper roll. you have to pull it inwards to remove it and squeeze it into the lug holes to install it.

Last edited by G-Junkie; January 4th, 2011 at 03:54.

just what i needed (well this and the removal tool), thanks!

you're welcome. just be sure to search on the internet for a tutorial on how to properly remove the spring bar on a watch. some first timers weren't sure on what to expect and sometimes the bar launches out somewhere and can't be found again. sometimes people are a little too rough and bent the bar. I don't know how they managed to do that, though... it's pretty damn hard to bend a 16 mm spring bar unless you're really trying to break it. those tools can be sharp as well, so sometimes it slips and they scratch up the watch back pretty good.

Thread Information