Post your Rakuten shopping experience here
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Post your Rakuten shopping experience here

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

A few threads on the subject of buying from Rakuten have come up lately but I couldn't find a database of shopping experiences from various vendors/sellers.

If you've dealt with a seller from Rakuten, post your whole experience here. This will give a single thread to search for vendor info.

Re: Post your Rakuten shopping experience here

Bought my GW-9200J-1DR from them late December last year and because of the New Year holidays, took a while longer for my order to be processed and once got a confirmation that my order has been shipped via EMS, took only two days to reach my place here in Singapore.

Very efficient I must say, and reliable too. It's also my first transaction with them (Menet).
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

Vil

My first Rakuten purchase was through TIP TOP, good comms & speedy shipping but slightly delayed. I just ordered 2 more Gs from Sunknots on Monday, they took a day to confirm my order. According to the tracking site, it was sent out on Tues evening and left Japan on Wed morning, I believe it should be in Singapore now. Hope I can have it by this weekend. :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not sure if my order was processed or how it even proceeds as I selected Paypal for my payment, but it never directed me to enter my paypal info so I don't see how I actually ordered anything.

I've bought directly from Rakuten sellers twice and both times have been very pleased.

The only downside from the UK is that they both got fleeced by customs. I only use fromjapan now as if I use EMS they never get stopped. Even with fees it works out cheaper for me.

Customs aside though, Rakuten seems very reliable.

I've ordered G's from sellers on Rakuten several times over the past couple years. Each seller has been prompt and communicative and shipped within the same business day. From memory, three sellers come to mind - Time Garden, e-Bloom and Sunknots. All had great service with great prices, however I have noticed after my last order from Time Garden last March, they have risen their prices significantly.
    Feisar likes this.

Ordered a GXW-56
    Seller wouldn't sell internationally - deal cancelled - not impressed!

hmm...let me think...
    Name:  Fotoğraf1914.jpg
Views: 5259
Size:  564.5 KBName:  Fotoğraf1905.jpg
Views: 5234
Size:  499.2 KB

I bought this collect towers from different sellers or shops - (rest of the story --->here https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/las...rs-771884.html )
    both are reliable , cooperative ones - (look for shops with we welcome the foreign buyers tag so you dont need third party japanese adress vendors or companies)
    but the real problem is communication - not that ı wish to imply they are rude or something - they are always respectful and kind -
    - but the whole transaction goes by japanese and they insist to communicate like that - already english is not my native language - do the math- so I buy this things almost blindly - I must admit they are blazing fast - it took 3 days to arrive from japan--->to turkey - and I have to say wow !
    anyway hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by psweeting View Post
    I've bought directly from Rakuten sellers twice and both times have been very pleased.

The only downside from the UK is that they both got fleeced by customs. I only use fromjapan now as if I use EMS they never get stopped. Even with fees it works out cheaper for me.

Customs aside though, Rakuten seems very reliable.
    Do you mean that EMS shipments in the UK do not get hit with VAT and custom charges even if the declared value are over the limit? Here in Sweden it is the opposite EMS shipments are more often hit with custom fees to pay then other shipping methods.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Time garden is awesome. They even sent me some free keychains and did a gift wrap for free as well.

Procontact is a great source for certain spare bands and is very fast

Bless-you was prompt with the shipment of my gw-5000, but the watch came with no tags (which was unexpected)

I have bought from other sellers too, I think Menet and E-bloom, and they were good too.

And a few other sellers... no real bad experiences to speak of
    Kawei likes this.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information