Post your worn combi/ composite bracelet pics
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Post your worn combi/ composite bracelet pics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone have a pic of a well used bracelet from a GW-B5600BC-1B? I put the new combi one on my GW-5000 and love it. Just curious how it will hold up. More curious how it will look with one of the aged bezels on the bay . Anyone know the quality those bezels?

Re: Post your worn combi/ composite bracelet pics

Beware the Frankenwatch!

Don't buy a pre-aged bezel. That's like buying jeans with dirt already on them.
    babyivan, tomchicago and Myrrhman like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    More like buying jeans with some of the indigo lasered off. It's a neat process.

I'm all for utilitarianism, but the G-shock ethos has room for fun and style, that's part of what makes it so rich. Go ahead and buy a pre-aged bezel if you want, and wear it with pride. If you love it and wear it, it will get more aged, and you'll see the interplay between the artificial aging and the real, which may be an entirely new effect.

(More about laser-distressed jeans here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1BpHBafrvw)

I would have thought that analogy a bit off the mark, when I laugh at my young nephew, it's becasue he's spent a fortune on jeans that have all sorts of rips & tears in them, just like the ones I use to throw in the bin LOL (nothing to do with dirt)
    memento_mori likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    I would have thought that analogy a bit off the mark, when I laugh at my young nephew, it's becasue he's spent a fortune on jeans that have all sorts of rips & tears in them, just like the ones I use to throw in the bin LOL (nothing to do with dirt)
    Yep. Faded jeans do their job fine. Ripped fashion jeans sacrifice function for aesthetics, so it's a different ballgame.

The distressed metal bezels do their jobs perfectly well, they just have an interesting (artificial) "well-worn" look.

So what do you suggest since you can’t get that look from plastic? Buy a plain steel one, paint or powder coat it and wait for it to age. Im a fan of steel rat rods with patina (mild rust) building patina on carbon steel blades and worn jeans, regardless how they got to look that way.

the coating on the clasp of the B5600 combi seems to be quite durable...still havent managed to scuff it yet.
    but i do have a couple of scuffs on the bracelet itself, seeing as its totally resin.

so yea, a B5600 would still look better with a clean virgin black bezel...

I thought It is "Stainless Steel / Resin Composite Band"? Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Everdying View Post
    the coating on the clasp of the B5600 combi seems to be quite durable...still havent managed to scuff it yet.
    but i do have a couple of scuffs on the bracelet itself, seeing as its totally resin.

so yea, a B5600 would still look better with a clean virgin black bezel...

Nope, the one on the GW-B5600 has all plastic segments.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information