posting pics

Thread: posting pics

posting pics

anyone tell me how to post pics in the message body?

Re: posting pics

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    anyone tell me how to post pics in the message body?
    You can use the "insert image" button above the box where you type in your post.

Works OK for me

Kevin

ooops... gotta love wysiwyg html editors...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had to read the forums FAQ to find that out myself. Something to do with preventing malicious HTML scripts from being posted.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    ooops... gotta love wysiwyg html editors...

Wink Re: posting pics

Hi Madmacs,

This forum uses the [IMG] code. Best is to host pictures on photo hosting sites as www.imageshack.us and www.photobucket.com. The last one automaticly gives the [IMG] code direct copy-able for in the body of the message. I see Image Sshack has something similar, but I think Ozzie or Tim can tell more about that.

a [IMG] code looks like this: [IMG]http.URL/picture.jpg[/IMG]

When editting your posts in WYSIWYG mode, you can paste the URL of your hosted picture direct in the box if you click on the picture button. I shall put this message as a sticky on top of the forum.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Moderator Emeritus

Posting Pictures:

Here's a tutorial on how to post pictures on WUS.

The easiest method:

The easiest method is to use the "Manage Attachments" button below the message box. After typing your message, scroll down until you see the "Manage Attachments" button. Click it and a window opens up. You will see a "browse" button. Click this and select the picture you would like to post from the place you saved it to on your computer. Click "open" and do the same for each and every pic you would like put up in your post. Once your done or get six, click "upload" and your pics urls will disappear from those boxes beside the browse button and appear below. You can then go again as much as you like. When your done with grabbing your pics, you can check them over and delete and add at will. Click submit as you normally would and your pics will appear as clickable thumbnails.

**Your pics must not exceed the file size limit. If this happens, just resize them. I use Paint Shop pro to do this. I hear that there are free programs which will do this but I don't know much about them...someone else with knowledge of this can post up about this. Usually, a pic of about 1250 by 880 or something like this will make it. Here's a hint. Copy your pic before you resize it...that way you still have the original one at original size.

Picture hosting sites and copying and pasting

As mentioned earlier, Imageshack and Photobucket are great free picture hosting sites. Do a google and sign up and set up your account. You can just follow the simple instructions provided to upload your pics. (photobucket will automatically resize pics that are too large)

When your done typing what you want to type and want to insert a pic, select copy from your hosting site and then click the little yellow button above the message box with the mountain in it (Insert Image). Paste into the little window that pops up. The image will be place where you want it. It will appear as a url in the message box.

Imageshack: for thumbs, click the "thumbnail code for forums" and then just copy it and paste in the insert image box. In the message box, you will see [IMG] tags wrapped around your url, they will remain as [IMG] tags when you hit "preview post". If this bothers you, you can just backspace over it in the message box.

for full size pics, just click "direct" and paste in the image box.

Photobucket: copy and paste the url tag into the image box.

Play around with it and clicky your "preview post" button to see how your doing.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Timothy Patrick; March 7th, 2006 at 01:47.

Mind if i ask how to you word over a web site link? like you got www.ebay.com.viewitem... ..' and you want to type over it 'Display Casing' over it to be post over the massage board? hope my question is understandable. Looks a lot neater i feel but i am new to all these coding.

Type in the word or words, then select them with the cursor, after selecting, click the little globe icon with the chain thru it, for insert link. Type in the link, and presto the word becomes the link. For example if you click the word cursor in this post you should get the WUS main page.

Regards,

Elliott
    Regards,

Elliott

is it possible to switch on to HTML mode?

Thread Information